Experiences with FW Update on USG60W

ChrisGer
ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Dear Zyxel Community,
is there any experience to upgrade a USG60W from V4.35(AAKZ.2)ITS-WK01-r91300 to
4.35(AAKZ.3)C0 ?

e.g. is in
4.35(AAKZ.3)C0 a reduced set of fixes as in V4.35(AAKZ.2)ITS-WK01 ?
or has the
AAKZ.3-C0 more fixes and a upgrade can be made without any known issues which can bring the operation to a standstill in the current situation ?

Thx for your exerience report
Chris

Accepted Solution

• ChrisGer
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your feedback. since 4.32 I have always been lucky that the official releases have been broken and require a high infest of time, to bring the device back on trail. :/
    The ITS versions provided by ZyXEL have brought the firewall back up and running ;)

The update output via the console port.

After Updateing and device reboot, you see the following messages....

since 4.32 I had here several error messages and no message of a successful start with the new version.

Send the community that developed and released v4.38 my best regards. the long running bug "update failed" seems to be fixed in v 4.38 =)

All Replies

• itxnc
    itxnc Posts: 98  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Haven;t had any issues with the .3 firmware on our client routers.
  • ChrisGer
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your feedback. since 4.32 I have always been lucky that the official releases have been broken and require a high infest of time, to bring the device back on trail. :/
    The ITS versions provided by ZyXEL have brought the firewall back up and running ;)

The update output via the console port.

After Updateing and device reboot, you see the following messages....

since 4.32 I had here several error messages and no message of a successful start with the new version.

Send the community that developed and released v4.38 my best regards. the long running bug "update failed" seems to be fixed in v 4.38 =)

Security Highlight