Physical Server can ping clients but clients can't ping Server, only its virtual machines

Mauro_Phema_srl
Mauro_Phema_srl Posts: 8
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Good Morning, i'm mauro from company Phema.
we have two problems:

1) Physical Server can ping clients  but clients can't ping Server. plus the clients can ping the Virtual Machines installed on that server, so why i can see them but not the physical computer that runs them?. Yet they are all in the same lan.

2) we set an SSL VPN for our employees but most of the time, vpn can open but we can't reach out NAS or our remote desktop ect. i can see all the people connected in connection management, but they can't do pretty much nothing but ping something. I discovered that rebooting the firewall, things start to work again but then, after a short period of a few hours, things stop again.

please let us know and thank you very much for your help.

best regards,
Mauro.

All Replies

• Jeremylin
    Jeremylin Posts: 166  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Enable "Allow Asymmetrical Route" on the policy control, disable firewall of server, PC and check again.
    SSL VPN issue, try to disable firewall during issue occur.What is the firmware version.

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    You can try to enable “Allow Asymmetrical Route” on your device first.

For SSL VPN issue, what’s the symptom happened during SSL VPN client access to NAS and RDP?
    Connection timeout ? or other else?

Security Highlight