Autoupdate didn't....why?

Often_Confused
Often_Confused Posts: 5
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
V4.50(ABFW.0)

Have autoupdate and autoreboot enabled. But for 2 days, the ATP has not rebooted.
The V4.55 is waiting on deck.
Yes, it's set for daily update.

What have I missed?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Often_Confused  

Here is my setting of cloud firmware date.

If it set as daily 13, then it means system will upgrade and reboot to standby partition at 1:00PM~1:59PM.

Please also make sure your system time and DNS has configured successfully.

• Here's a screenshot of the ATP200. It did not update from 4.50 to 4.55 Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning.

After Sunday's fail, I logged in again & that time followed the prompt to have the router reboot then.

An additional question: What if the recovery process if an update fails? Does the router automatically revert to the older firmware? Is a manual power cycle required? Without serial port access, what is the next level of recovery?

• Zyxel_Stanley

Hi @Often_Confused  

It looks your configuration is correct.

If your device still unable to auto-upgrade firmware successfully, I will send you private message for further check the issue directly.

When system doing auto-firmware upgrade.

System will download firmware to standby partition first, and verify checksum of the firmware prevent file is incompletely.

After firmware downloaded completely, the device will reboot on standby partition then firmware upgrade process successfully.

If system can’t boots up in standby partition by any reason, the running partition firmware still available. So we still can recover to running partition.

• Peppino
    Peppino Posts: 128  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi @Often_Confused  

It looks your configuration is correct.

If your device still unable to auto-upgrade firmware successfully, I will send you private message for further check the issue directly.

When system doing auto-firmware upgrade.

System will download firmware to standby partition first, and verify checksum of the firmware prevent file is incompletely.

After firmware downloaded completely, the device will reboot on standby partition then firmware upgrade process successfully.

If system can’t boots up in standby partition by any reason, the running partition firmware still available. So we still can recover to running partition.

Hi Stanley, Can you please share the secret, as I have a similar issue, it not only doesn't autoupdate itself, but I am not able to update it with cloud or manual update. Thanks,
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Hi @Peppino
    You can backup your configuration first.
    And have a try to upload firmware to "firmware2" folder by FTP connection.
    If it still have problem, then it have to check the issue direclty by remote access session. 
    You can drop private message to me if you need further help on it. :)

Security Highlight