NWA1123-NI has the wrong firmware and will not accept new firmware

FunkedOut
FunkedOut Posts: 2
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
I have uploaded firmware version V211AABJ0C0.bin (belonging to a NWA1121-NI) to my NWA1123-NI.
The web interface demonstrates that it thinks it is an NWA1121-NI.
It works a little, but often loses all connections.
I was hoping that updating the firmware to the correct one (V211AAEO0C0.bin) will correct the issues, but I cannot perform the update.

Via the web interface, uploading the firmware fails, and the web page simply says there was an error.
I have tried multiple browsers and platforms with no joy.

Via FTP interface, I can connect, but am unable to resolve any directory listing other than the root folder and the current config file.

How can I update this firmware?
Please help.
Thanks in advance.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Please refer to below link for the firmware of NWA1123-NI.
    Thanks.

• FunkedOut
    FunkedOut Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thank you for that link.  It’s not the easiest to find, that’s how I ended up in this situation to begin with. 

I did already have that firmware.  My issue is that I am unable to upload this firmware to the NWA1123-NI.  Please read the second and third paragraph of my original post.  

Thanks again. 
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Hi @FunkedOut,
    Would you PM me the remote access via Teamveiwer or Anydesk to your computer which can access to the AP?
    We'll remote for checking the upgrade issue.
    Thanks.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Hi @FunkedOut,
    We did a test for the firmware upgrade and it's not able to use the firmware of the NWA1121-NI to the NWA1123-NI. So, we'd like to check your AP status via the remote.
    Please help to provide the remote access via Teamveiwer or Anydesk on your computer which can access to the AP.
    Thanks.
  • Eddwood
    Eddwood Posts: 33  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Hello Support Team,

I have the same problem with my two NWA 1123-NI. It shows the firmware for NWA 1121NI and I can´t upgrade the firmware. What can I do?

• Zyxel_Freda
    Hi @Eddwood ,
    The firmware between different models can't be upgraded to each other. When the incorrect firmware is attempted to upgrade to the NWA1123-NI, there should be an error message as below.

So, may I know how's your device upgrade to the incorrect firmware?
    Because the AP can't be recovered without console, please RMA it if the firmware is not used in corresponding model.

• Eddwood
    First Comment
    Hello Freda,
    well, I downloaded the firmware from your webside and tryied to upgrad it. After that, it shows a message with something like " new certificate ist needed" and I had to renew it. After that, on the browser backend, it says that it is a NWA 1121-NI. But it is definitely a NWA 1123-AC (S/N: S142L31362291 for example). And now, I can´t upgrade the firmware again. And yesterday, nearly the same happends to my NWA 1100 NH. It needs after download and upgrade the firmware a certificate renew update, and I can´t really logg in any more. Is it possible, that I should have done some updates between? So that the newest update is just work with an update between my old and the newest one?
  • Zyxel_Freda
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Eddwood ,
    Thanks for providing detail procedure of the issue. After checking the old version (NWA1123-AC_2.00(AAOX.3)C0 or older) of the NWA1123-AC, it's possible to upgrade to the other model's firmware because it's not blocked the incorrect model name, and it's the same as the NWA112I-NI. So, you may downgrade to the old version of the NWA1121-NI and then upgrade to the correct version of the NWA1123-AC.
    The recovered steps will be:
    1. Downgrade the NWA1121-NI firmware to NWA1121-NI_2.00(AABJ.1)C0 which can be downloaded in below link:
    https://ftp.zyxel.com/NWA1121-NI/firmware/NWA1121-NI_2.00(AABJ.1)C0.zip
    2. After downgrade to the old version, you can upgrade the correct firmware to NWA1123-AC. Please download the correct firmware of the model. Here's the official download path for your reference. 
    https://download.zyxel.com/NWA1123-AC/firmware/NWA1123-AC_V2.12(AAOX.0)C0.zip

If you can't login to the AP, please try to use the FTP firmware upgrade by below steps.
    1. connect a computer/laptop and set the IP address in the same subnet of the AP. for example, the AP default IP is 192.168.1.2, so I set my laptop to 192.168.1.10/24.
    2. FTP to the AP via the cmd command on the laptop
        C:\> ftp 192.168.1.2
    3. login to the AP by admin/password.
    4. executing below commands on FTP of the AP to upgrade the firmware. (assume the firmware put in C:\)
       ftp> bin
       ftp> hash
       ftp> put  C:\NWA1123-AC_V2.12(AAOX.0)C0\V2.12(AAOX.0)C0\V212AAOX0C0.bin

After the firmware upgraded successful, the AP model will show the correct on the AP.
    Please let me know if you have any problem.
  • Eddwood
    First Comment
    Hello Freda,
    thanks for help. It works.:))
  • Hello, yesterday I decided to upgrade my modem ZyXEL P8702N (Telenor) firmware. I downloaded a .bin file, as a newer version of the modem firmware, I started upgrading the modem through the administrator URL 10.0.0.138, suddenly after a restart, modem is no longer working.
    when I power on the modem, the power light only blinks, the WPS light is off. What can I do? how can I recover my modem? I'll be thankful if someone can help.