how to get rid of wizard in USG210 firmware 4.25 AAPI.1

Claus_Kysthusene
Claus_Kysthusene Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
hi
how to get rid of wizard in usg210 firmware 4.25 AAPI.1
Every time I login I get a Wizard I have run the wizard many time s but it is the
it comes angian when I login to USG210 the firmware is v4.25 AAPI.1

Claus

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hello Claus_Kysthusene,

In this case, the situation should be disappeared if you register the device or UTM license. We want all uses register their devices because after registered, the device can update the latest FW from MyZyxel.com.

However, the case should disappeared, when you are on setup guide, press next until third step and you will see Skip button(Click it). After that the Initial Wizard will not appear.

Charlie

• DennizOlof
    DennizOlof Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2017
    Claus_Kysthusene, sound strange.

I know that you get the "wizard" popup when you login to the product, but you can just click "exit" or "skip" to bypass the "Setup Wizard" and you will get the dashboard window. But this might require you to keep the product in "expert mode" once you have configured it, I do not know because I have always used the zyxel products in expert mode and never used the guides. I often consult the manual if I need help.

• LinearTechSvcs
    LinearTechSvcs Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Hello Claus_Kysthusene,

In this case, the situation should be disappeared if you register the device or UTM license. We want all uses register their devices because after registered, the device can update the latest FW from MyZyxel.com.

However, the case should disappeared, when you are on setup guide, press next until third step and you will see Skip button(Click it). After that the Initial Wizard will not appear.

Charlie

Greetings Charlie,

In my case, running a USG60 w/ V4.31(AAKY.0), I tried the above steps and on the next login, the bloody Initial Setup Wizard was the first thing to greet me again...  And, the USG60 IS registered!

This started happening after the 4.25 update and is rather irritating, especially since the USG60 IS configured, it IS registered and from everything I see, there should be NO reason I should have to see the Setup Wizard on every login.

So, is there a way to stop it from popping up, or is DennizOlof correct that the only way to get rid of it is to go to Expert Mode only?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

LinearTechSvcs
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118  Zyxel Employee
    @LinearTechSvcs i send you the solution in a pm
  • DaveC
    DaveC Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Maybe you should make this solution public as I've wasted an entire evening on a customer site trying to get around this issue. Why is the solution to this so private? ZyXEL have screwed up in m opinion allowing this issue to exist in a released version of firmware. There is no ZyXEL support at this time of night or over the weekend, so unless I find an answer somewhere else, I guess I'm stuffed! Not happy!!!!
  • ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi @DaveC
    I've the following, known info about the question:

Question:
    How do I get rid of the "Initial Setup Wizard"? This comes up with every login since the update, although the USG definitely has a full config ?

Answer:
    After the update, perform a 'Registration Refresh' under 'Configuration - Licensing - Registration'. After that, the wizard should not appear again.'

Source:
    ZYXEL private forum in Germany (reported from a ZYXEL employee) ;)
  • Agor76
    Agor76 Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hi Christian,

I've the same issue on my USG 310, tried thousands of registration refreshes but the wizard is still there everytime I log on, is there something else I could do in order of get rid of this annoying situation ?
  • Line2
    Line2 Posts: 40  Freshman Member
    I tried Christians suggestion on a customer USG40 (V4.30) and can't get rid of the wizard.
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,656  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

What about save your config and follow the wizard then once the wizard is gone load your config?

• ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    edited June 2018
    I had the same issue on a USG60W and it was solved by  'Registration Refresh' and after 24h runntime to sync with portal.myzyxel.com :/
    After this, the startup wizzard is no longer comeing up during admin logon.
    @Line2
    have you checked the registartion at myzyxel.com portal, where the USG is registered ?

Regards
    Chrstian

P.S.: I've 4.31 installed (solved the side effect in 4.30 with this workarround) on a USG60W and  ;)

Security Highlight