NWA1123-ACV2 AP are not stable. Keep on disconnect though there is strong signal

Raj
Raj Posts: 6
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hay Guys, I installed 4 AP's (NWA1123-ACV2) at my client place. There are 50-60 users. I created 2 ssid's and using for all the AP's. Enabled Smart Mesh. But user facing wifi Disconnecting problem, even though signal is strong but still half of the user facing wifi disconnect problem.
Any Solution?
Please HELP!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Raj

The reason of disconnect might relate with the environment, stations or the configurations. Would you mind to provide us the org/site name to check the configurations first? Please also enable ZYXEL Support for us. We will provide some suggestions to you and observe if it helps.

Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Raj
    First Comment
    Hi Support Team,
    Organisation Name- Bala
    Site Name- Sk
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @Raj

After realizing the logs from your site, we found many stations which were blocked by RSSI and many perv-auth failed.
    To optimize the WiFi service, here are our suggestions. (Before changing the configurations, please upgrade the AP firmware to latest; otherwise, it will not get the updated configurations.)
    1. Go to Access point > Configure > Radio settings > Channel width. Adjust the 2.4G channel-width to 20MHz, and 5G channel-width to 20MHz. This will reduce the interferrence to avoid the packet lost.

2. Go to Access point > Configure > Radio settings > Smart Steering > ADVANCED OPTIONS. Adjust the RSSI retry count to 6. Base on the current confiugration, the station will be blocked only once when the signal strength is -88dBm which is not good enough to use. When it tries to connect the second time, it can get the connection successfully. If changing it to 6 times, the station can have more time to search another beacon which has better signal to connect.

Hope it helps.

Joslyn
  • Raj
    First Comment
    Hi Joslyn,
      Thank you for the suggestions. Is it possible to upgrade the firmware using nebula remotely? and after upgrade the configuration will still there or wipe out?

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @Raj

We also suggest to enlarge the 5G station signal threshold to -75dBm which will let the station connect to 5G easier than 2.4G. Because the station will have better performance and performance via 5G.

Joslyn
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @Raj

Yes, you can upgrade the AP firmware via NCC.
    Please go to Site-wide > Configure > Firmware management. Check the AP box and click upgrade now. The upgrading process will be started.

The configuration will be kept on the AP. So we do not need to worry abou the configurations.
    However, if the configuration losts, just reset the AP and connect it back to internet. Then the AP will connect to NCC to get the configuration again. This is the advantage of the cloud. 

Joslyn
  • Raj
    First Comment
    Hi Joslyn,
      Thank you and noted. I will schedule the firmware upgrade.

In another case, I did upgrade and set the channel width 20hz for both. and SST set to -75 for 5G.
    But user facing disconnecting issue. Can you please help me to check?
    Organization: KEESS Engineering
    Site: Keess@Frontier

Thanks!
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @Raj

We saw you seperated the SSIDs with different radios. Could you share the reason with me? Because using the same SSID for 2.4G and 5G will be more flexible for the stations. Here is our suggest to adjust the configuration.
    1. Modify the SSID to be concurrent operation.

2. Go to Access point > Configure > Radio settings > Channel width. Adjust the 2.4G channel-width to 20MHz, and 5G channel-width to 20MHz. This will reduce the interferrence to avoid the packet lost.

Moreover, I saw there are a lot of logs with "lower STA signal". Would you consider to add more APs in the environment because it might be related with WiFi coverage? If possible, please let us know the deployment. It will help us to realize the situation.

Joslyn

• Raj
    First Comment
    Hi Joslyn,
      It's a Customer request, using 2.4G for PC and 5G for mobile phones.
    And i tried 5G Channel width 20Hz, seems most of the users can not connect.
    They have 2 AP's installed at 2 storey (within same office) and the area is not that big.
    Approx 10 meter. Is there any way to widen the wifi range?
    Thank you.
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @Raj

Channel-width should not cause the connection issue. There might be other reasons to cause the station cannot onnect to the AP. From the logs, most of the stations were blocked by low station signal. According to your description, the office is aroung 10 meters. Could you take a pic for me to realize how you placed the APs? I want to know the AP is ceilling mount or wall mount, and how the angle is. Please also let me know how far between the AP and stations.

Joslyn

Nebula Tips & Tricks