WAC6502D-S all of sudden slow 5Ghz

Options
oliver
oliver Posts: 2
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hi all,
I am at my wits end. couple of days ago I noticed that my 5Ghz was acting up a bit. On investigation I saw that my transfer rate on the Wifi is about 20-30Mbit (instead of hundreds like before). This is from all Wifi devices I have so far tested on. It does say it is connected at 866Mbit. I have since installed the latest firmware (V6.10(AASE.3) / V2.1 / 2020-08-13 14:37:18) but same behaviour. I haven't changed the config around the time the change happened. It could have been the last update to firmware 6.00 as that was the last change I made. I have since tried changing settings and analyzing Wifi spectrum to see if there was any change but so far I can't see any. (I do live near an airport so maybe they made some chnage to DFS stuff/) 

Anyway only thing remaining would be to see if it is hardware but I doubt it I wouldn't have expected it to connect as 866Mbit. The 2.4Ghz band is working fine as always and is about twice as fast as 5Ghz at the moment.

So anyone with an idea what I can check would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Oliver

P.S. Also no FW changes and I checked and Ethernet speeds in my network are fine.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @oliver ,
    May I know that what's the test tool you used to do the test? Because the website test tool might be impacted by the Internet status, we usually test the speed via iperf to test in the same subnet. If you still have problem after using iperf to do the test, please provide the configuration, diagnostic, and the issue happened time for us to check.
    Thanks.
  • oliver
    oliver Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi,

While I do use speed test I also confirmed with iperf between Wifi and my FW. All the same stuff. Interconnection is fiber 1gbit so fast enough to saturate wifi. And I remember that I easily got 250-400mbit on previous tests. Now it's maybe 20-30mbit. Same tests from a wired connection are fine. Also 2.4ghz is what I'd expect it to be. 

Cheers Oliver

P.S. Happy to share more data but not publicly. Email me at zyxel( a t )erlewein( d o t )org

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @oliver ,
    Thanks for your information.
    Would you provide the configuration, diagnostic, and topology for us to check detail?
    If it's possible, please also share the AP deployment and client test location to us.
    You may PM me for this information if it's not convenient to show in public.