which USG is the right one for me?

Wookie
Wookie Posts: 11
edited April 14 in Security
Hi folks

I've been using Zyxel devices for years and right now I am looking for a new USG as my ISP upgraded my connection. I would appreciate your suggestions and try to describe my hardware and use-case as good as I can.

ISP: 300 Mbit down / 30Mbit up / before 100 down/10 up
Firewall: USG40 (no need for integrated Wifi)
Switches: GS1900-8HP
APs: NWA-1123ac v2

As of now I get around 90Mbit (speedtest) via Wifi (5Ghz) and activated AV/IDP and CF.  I've been looking at the USG 100 Flex, NSG100 or maybe ATP100.

My goal is to get as close to the ISP download-speed as possible. The USG100 Flex should do it, at least if I rely on the specs.

What are your thoughts/recommendations?

Regards from Switzerland

Andreas

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 997  Zyxel Employee
    @Wookie
    Regarding your description,
    The USG Flex 100 could suitable for your scenario, especially you can choose from a single license whenever you need such as Web Filtering, Anti-Malware, SecuReporter Premium, and more.
    The introduction of USG Flex 100 as your reference
    https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/USG-FLEX-Firewall-USG-FLEX-100/why-usg-flex
  • Wookie
    Wookie Posts: 11
    Hi Charlie

Thanks for your quick reply. What about the ATP100? I am asking the question because it has slighter better performance. I would go for the whole license package on both devices.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 997  Zyxel Employee
    @Wookie
    You can check following information as your reference.
    If you are Business (Banking, Finance, Enterprise ,Hospital) with highly confidential digital assets required advanced security protection. You can choose ATP + Sandboxing as the solution. The cloud-based sandbox solution designed to stop threats and protect your data

If you are Business/individual (School, institution) required multiple security functions. You can choose USG FLEX + UTM License. Consolidate multiple security and networking functions all into one.

Sign In to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click on this button!