ATP 100 password issue

Dovetail_MD
Dovetail_MD Posts: 81  Ally Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I seem to have lost my password for our ATP 100. Perhaps by the time somebody replies we will have worked it out but in the meantime can we simply do reset of some sort - We will obviously lose our customisations but presumably can then simply reset the password?

All Replies

• Dovetail_MD
    Good morning,

Before we zap this configurationI would like to be sure there's been nothing in Windows updates or various browser updates that is blocking this login given the number of options that appear when you try to login including something about gears on Chrome
  • Dovetail_MD
    okay - now what?

By way of background we use this ATP100 as a pass through device from the ADSL modem connected by DHCP, to our internal network which has a fixed IP as gateway using the 195.168.15.5 range.

Having done a reset and got into it it has picked up the external connection through DHCP but will not allow me to change one of the LAN ports to the fixed IP address despite switching off DHCP on that interface. In fact the device crashes with the error message 'wrong CLI command, device timeout or device log out'.

What do I do next?
  • Dovetail_MD
    note typo - range is 192.168.15.xx
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2020
  • Dovetail_MD
    Good afternoon Charlie,

Too little too late am afraid -I spent several hours trying to get a rebooted machine – having re-entered the password as it came back after reset – to accept our existing Internet subnet. As it would not I had to reset our Internet subnet to match the one that the ATP 100 was offering with consequent challenges to sorting out our domain which of course needed considerable amendment.

This is leading me to seriously consider why I chose you as a supplier in the 1st place and certainly whether I will ever use you again
  • LAURAM
    LAURAM Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2020
    I think you should search the similar case from forum first since I have forgot my password before and followed the thread from FAQ to figure it out.
  • Dovetail_MD
    In the end, as you will see if you read the thread above CAREFULLY, the issue has not finally been sorting out password, which was easy.

The issue was that once I had change the password and updated the ATP 100 I could not change the Internet subnet it was offering for LAN connections without it crashing when I changed it to 192.168.15.5 from 192.168.1.1.

I presume this is some new feature of the new update
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    edited November 2020
     @Dovetail_MD
    In the end, as you will see if you read the thread above CAREFULLY, the issue has not finally been sorting out password, which was easy.
    Following with thread, the issue can not be figure it out?
    The issue was that once I had change the password and updated the ATP 100 I could not change the Internet subnet it was offering for LAN connections without it crashing when I changed it to 192.168.15.5 from 192.168.1.1.
    Do you mean you cannot configure ATP100's Wan IP and subnet? If the WAN IP address assigned from front device, you need to select Get automatically on wan page.
    Also, on default setting, the Lan1's IP is 192.168.1.1, therefore, you could not configure the same IP on the Wan.

• Dovetail_MD
    Good afternoon,

Again please read carefully.

The issue was not with the WAN IP but with the LAN IP.

The WAN IP set to DHCP as good as gold.

The LAN IP did indeed default to 192.168.1.1 but changing it to 192.168.15.5 continually caused the ATP 100 to crash. I therefore had to spend most of the day changing all the fixed IP addresseis on our domain to the 1.1 subnet which if I'd had to do this for a client would have cost them £750 plus VAT.

So having had this device crash repeatedly(I went through this 5 times) when changing the subnet I could have spent my income foregone on buying a new device which actually did what I wanted it to do rather have this thing which is effectively a tail wagging the dog

• Zyxel_Charlie
    @Dovetail_MD
    Regarding to this case,
    can you private message your configuration for check purpose?

Security Highlight