VPN disconnects every 2 minutes

Options
Michael_I
Michael_I Posts: 42  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Security
Hello,

since two month our VPN ist disconnected every 2 minutes, but immediately makes a reconnect. Therefore we didn´t recognize the problem up to now, because the user doesn´t notice any interrupt in the connection.

When we set up the VPN connection there was definetifely no problem or disconnect. I can´t say if it occured with an firmewareupdate.

We use a ATP200 und the office outsite uses a Fritzbox 7590. The Frizbox was replaced and the cable was checked by internet provider. Everything is fine there with those.

Therefore there must be a Problem with the ATP.

Here is the log from the ATP and the Fritzbox.
Any suggestions?

All Replies

• Michael_I
    Options
    Update: Since the last Firmewareupdate we did yesterday V4.60 we have big Problems with the VPN. The rdp freezes and can´t be reconnected. Only

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @Michael_I
    I have tested it with firmware v4.60, and did not face any issue.
    FW:v4.60
    PC2(192.168.100.33)----USG----IPSec VPN----ATP-----PC1(192.168.10.33)

After established the VPN tunnel, the PC1 can RDP to PC2 sucessfully.

Can you private message remote access of ATP200 for check further?
  • Michael_I
    Options
    Hi,

maybe you can coordinate with "cooldy chen". He has our remote access, because of trouble with emails.
  • Michael_I
    Options
    We reverted to the last Firmware and everything is fine. The problem only exists with V4.60
  • Michael_I
    Options
    Update: The Problem exists evn with the older Firmware. Now we´re using V4.55(ABFW.0)ITS-WK38-r96153. This firmware is a little bit more stable, but we still have Problems with our VPN.

we use two different connections:
    1) L2TP
    Here we use the internal VPN-client from Windows 10 to connect via rdp to our Server.

2) IKE
    Here we use a Fritzbox 7590 to build a permanet VPN to the Zyxel ATP200.

With Firmware 4.60 VPN is not working (disconection and freezing). This happens with L2TP and with IKE. With firmware 4.55 L2TP is working. But IKE gets always a failure. The connection is working, but not as good as it should. We have some delays and hangs. But with 4.60 working is not really possible.

We tried different Fritzbox and get alwayx the same problem.

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2020
    Options

@Michael_I

I’d like to VPN to your Fritzbox and see if the same symptom will happen on my device, can you private message the VPN information of Fritzbox for connection?

Also, as you mentioned "IKE gets always a failure. The connection is working", can I know the log will appear during establishing VPN?

Security Highlight