ATP500 unable to detect our 2 x WAC6303D-S access points?

kunz
kunz Posts: 32  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Security
Some help? TIA.

All Replies

• kunz
    We were able to earlier use them with the NCC. Just to test.

But we would really want it to be managed directly by the ATP500.

Have deleted both units from NCC and did a hard reset for both units. But still unable to loggin standalone or be detected by ATP500. Was able to update to latest version of firmware via earlier NCC.

So far no success with standalone and AC via ATP500.

Not sure how to proceed next. Been trying the pdf manuals from the get go...and still going over them...hoping for some assistance...Thanks

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @kunz  

You may try to update to latest AP firmware by:

Configuration > Wireless > AP Management > Firmware

If AP is behind ATP500, then should able find that in AP list. 

(Monitor > Wireless > AP Information > AP list)

• kunz
    Hi Zyxel_Stanley!

Many thanks for the reply, I've actually done that but it was not detected...I'm thinking of maybe doing an AP hard reset. Is that ok to try?

Many thanks...
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @kunz  

Yes, you can make sure AP has deleted from Nebula first.

And then try to reset AP again. (click reset bottom until reboot)

• kunz
    In the “Quick Setup” Wizard of the ATP500, there appears no option for Access Points, may they consider adding that feature in the next firmware release?

Only “WAN Interface”, “Remote Access VPN Setup”, “VPN Setup”. No “AP Setup” with the Wizard.

I think that would make sense to add for convenience and efficiency.

Am using latest firmware V5.00(ABFU.2) for the ATP500. Been a bit busy lately and was not able to follow up with my issue of detection by ATP500 with the AP. Was able to delete 1 unit from Nebula, and tried to configure via standalone. Kinda hit and miss at best. Not sure really if how to further proceed, I tried to follow the downloaded pdf files as a guide, but after a while it’s too bothersome to troubleshoot. The current firmware for the WAC6303D-S is V6.20(ABGL.0). I think that’s the latest.

Just my observation, it seems to be more attracted to reach out to the NCC when after a factory reset. It is actually nice and convenient  to use the NCC. We use the other unit with the NCC. Problem is we would like to use the other features like the “rouge” detection and prevention,etc. Which does not appear to be available with use our AP model with the NCC. Since we purchased the ATP versus the USG Flex thinking that the ATP was the top of the line and superior in many ways, but it seems to me the USG Flex is now the way to go? Frankly it seems we should have gotten the USG Flex due to the NCC availability with that product line. Just an opinion.

How do I use the “CDR” feature if the AP can’t be detected?

Will give again a try now, to have the ATP500 detect the AP. I hope it works. If the NCC can detect the AP the ATP500 should have no problem detecting the AP.
  • kunz
    Do I need to buy a NXC2500 or NXC5500? Or doesn’t the ATP500 already have that ability? 
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @kunz,
    Because the AP seems to keep connecting to the NCC, please check that if the AP is removed from the organization first. You may check it in device information of Organization-wide> Configure> License & inventory. If the AP is still in the organization-wide, please remove it to let it in standalone mode. Otherwise, you can reset it via the reset button on the AP after remove it from the NCC.
    You may use below command to check AP status when SSH to the AP.
    Router> show hybrid-mode
    The ATP500 is no problem to manage the WAC6303D-S, so when the AP is in standalone mode, please check if the AP can get an IP address and ping to the ATP500. If yes, please check if the AP in the ATP500 AP list and add it into ATP500. 
    If it's still any problem, please let us know which step above is not working, and we'll help to check details. And, if it's available, you may PM me a remote session via teamviewer or anydesk to the AP and ATP directly.

Security Highlight