Licensing change?

Options
VPNRob
VPNRob Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I have a USG 40 with an older firmware (4.32) and checking on the site I see that the latest version is 4.60. I noticed that from 4.35 the license version is displayed as 'SHARE' instead of 'USG'. Up to 4.32 the license was displayed as USG. I'm reluctant to upgrade, not knowing what this change means. Does anyone know the difference? 

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,366  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @VPNRob  

Your issue should be the same as this thread.

The symptom should auto recover after reboot

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,366  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @VPNRob  

Your issue should be the same as this thread.

The symptom should auto recover after reboot

• VPNRob
    Options
    The SHARE license went back to USG after the reboot. Also interesting that depending on what method yo use, you get a different firmware version. Licensing portal: 4.60, Cloud Update on USG: 4.39. I updated to 4.39 and everything is fine.  
  • itxnc
    itxnc Posts: 98  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    VPNRob said:
    The SHARE license went back to USG after the reboot. Also interesting that depending on what method yo use, you get a different firmware version. Licensing portal: 4.60, Cloud Update on USG: 4.39. I updated to 4.39 and everything is fine.  
    We've seen the SHARE thing once or twice with our clients. Always goes away on boot.

The version issue was due to Zyxel pulling 4.60 right after it got released to fix a critical security issue. When the Patch 1 version came out it seemed to hit the download servers before showing up in the cloud query.

Security Highlight