Set USG210 VPN to NAS

2»

All Replies

• dmmichael
    dmmichael Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2021
    I have attached image of the configuration. Is it done right? NAS_Ip_SUB is correct ?
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,651  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2021
    dmmichael said:
    I have attached image of the configuration. Is it done right? NAS_Ip_SUB is correct ?
    looks to be....or not...your PPP is 10. but your NAS_Ip_SUB is 192.168.1.62 would that not be  10.0.0.1 to your NAS?
  • dmmichael
    edited January 2021
    the ip of the nas in ppp is 10.0.0.1 but my lan network is on 192.168.1.x how can i make sure that that ip 10.0.0.1 is assigned to the ip 192.168.1.x? otherwise I can't see it in network resources
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @dmmichael  

NAS offered 10.0.0.2 to USG after PPP interface is established.

So you can create policy route for your NAS connection.

Source: LAN1_Sub, Destination: NAS_Real_IP(X.X.X.X), NextHop: WAN1_PPP, SNAT: Outgoing interface.

When user access to NAS_Reak_IP(X.X.X.X), then traffic will pass by PPP interface.

• dmmichael
    Hi Stanley thank you. I'll explain. the nas has a local ip address 192.168.1.30
    but it is not in my network but in another city, to access it I use the public ip 93.147.xxx.xxx (I have omitted the last numbers for privacy). When Usg connects to the nas through ppp it receives the address 10.0.0.x in fact if I insert the ip on my pc \\ 10.0.0.1 the Nas folders open (after entering login credentials). now how can i make the nas respond on ip 192.168.x.x? so that anyone going to network resources can access them? without having to manually enter the ip \ 10.0.0.1? thanks a lot

Security Highlight