USG40W Loses Internet Connectivity

Options
Jason210
Jason210 Posts: 5
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
After upgrading to 4.60, and reconfiguring the router from scratch, I've noticed that the Internet connection is unstable. Occasionally, there will be a delay when clicking on a web link, or opening a new browser session. Sometimes this delay is just a few seconds, but can also be indefinite, requiring the router to be rebooted. This is happening on the Ethernet connection, so it's not a wireless issue.

I have tried a resetting, and reinstalling firmware, using firmware's new default configuration, then configuring it manually according to my needs, but the problem persists.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,770  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2021
    Options
    If you have a older firmware in the other slot and reboot to that do you have any problems?

• Jason210
    Options
    I don't have older firmware available. I removed it.

There were some problems before with connectivity, but not as bad as they are now. I have replaced the device now. However, it would be good to know if the old one is fixable.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Jason210

It’s our suggestion that you may consider to upgrade your device firmware to V4.60(AALB.1) patch 1. This version should not have certain issue per our real field experience.

Security Highlight