How to link/bridge two AMG1302 routers?

Options
RossvanWyk
RossvanWyk Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited January 2018 in Smart Home Product
Hi all

A quick explanation on what I am trying to do.

I have a Zyxel AMG1302 router in my current office at home. Everything works perfectly.
I am converting my garage into my new office space which is on the other side of the house and wi-fi in the garage is very poor. I have a 2nd AMG1302 router that I am wanting to hook up to my main router. The main router will remain in the room it is currently in as that is where my fibre point is. I am going to run an ethernet cable through my ceiling into my garage and then into my router B (2nd AMG1302)

My question is, how do I set up router B to get internet and also push out wi-fi. My PC will be plugged into router B via ethernet but I would like the device to push wi-fi to that part of the house.

I have trawled forums looking for answers and I have tried various things but I really don't know what I am doing. If anyone could please assist I would be most grateful.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks!

Ross

#CPE_January

All Replies

• RossvanWyk
    RossvanWyk Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    SOLVED

Ok so it looks like I thought it was going to be way more complex than it is.

I literally just plugged an ethernet cable from LAN port to LAN port and it's working perfectly.
    Feel a bit stupid now but at least it wasn't a huge headache.

Consumer Product Help Center