Modem Firmware Denial

Konstantin
Konstantin Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited May 2018 in Smart Home Product
Hello there, I'm using P-660HN-T1A modem for a long time, I love it, it works amazing. But since for the first time I've tried to upgrade its firmware to the latest version today, downloaded .BIN from the support page, it gave me "Software Upload Error" and said the router didn't accept the file. Did the same for .ROM file.

Firmware in the router is: 1.02
Firmware I'm trying to load: 3.40

What can I do apart from buying a new one? I have 24MBit connection but router bottlenecks it down to 10MBit, and with this firmware I could use it all, afaik from the pdf changelog.

#CPE_May

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Answer ✓
    Hi Konstantin,

In order to provide you with a better assistance, we contacted you through private message to get more information, please check your message box.

All Replies

• mdbarber
    mdbarber Posts: 19  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    i am getting same problem on a different model

https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/1030/p-660hwp-d1-router-not-accepting-firmware-update#latest
    no one seems to know this one...

• Konstantin
    edited May 2018
    if we could get telnet commands from Zyxel, then we could disable the "machine code check" from it and force install firmware.

this is all I could think of the problem.

uh and unfortunately I can't get in contact with Zyxel right now.
  • mdbarber
    I contacted Zyxel about my issue and they weren't interested because of it's age.
    The support guy wasn't very knowledgeable about technical issues and pretty much refused to escalate or even ask the question of the engineering dept.
    Very disappointing indeed.
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary

Hi Konstantin,

Sorry for our late reply.  .BIN and .rom are different, if you want to upgrade firmware, you need select to .BIN. Can you provide screensots to me? I would like to check if the column and file name are correct.

Here are some questions I would like to clarify with you, can you please help to provide it?

1.       Did you get P-660HN-T1A from your services provider? Or bought it in store?

2.       We have different firmware version for this model. Can you please help to provide complete firmware version? (not only 1.02 and 3.40). After getting it, I can double confirm if it has newer version for your device or not.

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary

Hi mdbarber,

I am sorry to miss your post. I leave message on your post, can you please help to check it? 

• Konstantin
    Hey Dear Support

1. I bought it myself. no custom fw.
    2. It says on the interface: Current Firmware Version: 1.02(VBQ.0), and what I was trying to install is P-660HN-T1A_340BYF10C0

the rest of info is here.

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Answer ✓
    Hi Konstantin,

In order to provide you with a better assistance, we contacted you through private message to get more information, please check your message box.

• mdbarber
    there appears to be an accepted answer with no published resolution to this?? bit against the whole principle of a "forum"
  • hi I have same problem. what should i do? and I bought it myself.

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Hi Konstantin,

The two versions are different trunk so it means it’s impossible to update .bin from 1.02(VBQ.0) to 340BYF10C0. P660HN-T1A supports ADSL2+, if you want to have 24M connection in your environment; it’s no need to update fw. But I would like to let you know, DSL link/throughput may be reduced by network reason. 

Consumer Product Help Center