Can't boot into new armor x1

Asplundj
Asplundj Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited May 2018 in Smart Home Product
I just bought a new armor x1. When I connect the power it flashes green for hours. I've tried a factory reset but the behaviour never changes.

It broadcasts a ssid but won't give me an ip address
I have tried to connect it to my computer both with wlan and lan but I won't get ip address. I've also tried to set the ip address manually without luck. 

What else could I try?

#Repeater_May

All Replies

• Hill
    Hill Posts: 156  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2018
     :o 
  • Asplundj
    I've already tried a HW reset without luck. The firmware you linked to is for a different product. I have a Armor X1 access point.

Any more suggesions?
  • Asplundj
    How am I suppose to update the firmware when I can't communicate with the AP?
  • Hill
    Hill Posts: 156  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi Asplundj,

Can you share your network topology?
    May I know does Armor X1 use AP mode or RP mode or Client mode?

And I found the quick start guide of Armor X1 for your reference.
  • Batou
    Batou Posts: 101  Ally Member
    Maybe you can connect it to the router and check the client list to see the AP getting the IP address or not.
    The default login address should be 192.168.1.2, did you try the fix IP 192.168.1.x on your network card and then no success? 

• Asplundj
    edited May 2018
    The AP doesn't get an IP address from my router and yes I've fixed the ip to 192.168.1.22 on my network card.  Both cabled and wlan.

I guess I'm returning this one
  • Batou
    Batou Posts: 101  Ally Member
    edited May 2018
    I found the description of green LED blinking is meaning booting, and you had already tried different ways, even HW reset, but still no success.
    So return might be the only way.

Consumer Product Help Center