Is this Wi-fi USB card (Edimax - EW-7612UAn V2) compatible with Zyxel NBG6604 router ?

Marius
Marius Posts: 7  Freshman Member
edited October 2018 in Home Router
I have bought this wi-fi usb card but it doesnt "see" my Zyxell wireless network.My question is : are the two devices compatible ?

Using it on a latest build of Windows 10 Pro.It works just fine on any other network.Edimax tech support said it is compatible but I can confirm you that it doesnt work.Can you please give your insight ?
Thank you very much.

#Router_Oct_2018

All Replies

• Hill
    Hill Posts: 156  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2018
    What is the firmware version of your NBG6604?
    Does WLAN LED of NBG6604 light?
    Which channel you set up on NBG6604?

I checked the specification of Edimax EW-7612UAn V2, it is a 2.4GHz WLAN device.
    Please use another WLAN device (such as mobile phone) to check 2.4GHz signal of NBG6604.

If another WLAN device can connect to NBG6604's 2.4GHz SSID, please try to update Edimax EW-7612UAn V2 to latest version, then check it again.
    Driver:
    https://www.edimax.com/edimax/download/download/data/edimax/global/download/for_home/wireless_adapters/wireless_adapters_n300/ew-7612uan_v2
  • Marius
    Oh man, i've responed using some *** between your questions and it all dissapeared..Here are my answers again :)

Which channel you set up on NBG6604? - The internet "works" fine.None specifically.Just automatic settings.I'm having this issue with firmware V1.00(ABIR.2)C0. Yerstarday I've updated the to V1.00(ABIR.4)C0. Since then I haven't checked to see if the problem persists.I'l check and post the result here.

I checked the specification of Edimax EW-7612UAn V2, it is a 2.4GHz WLAN device.
    Please use another WLAN device (such as mobile phone) to check 2.4GHz signal of NBG6604.
    Any other device that I'm using detects and connects just fine to both 2.4 and 5 Ghz band without any issues.Just this adapter doesn't as is not detecting the wifi network.

If another WLAN device can connect to NBG6604's 2.4GHz SSID, please try to update Edimax EW-7612UAn V2 to latest version, then check it again.
    Driver:
    https://www.edimax.com/edimax/download/download/data/edimax/global/download/for_home/wireless_adapters/wireless_adapters_n300/ew-7612uan_v2

Ok.I'll use this driver but I'm pretty sure Windows 10 automatically installed the same driver.
  • Marius
    Does WLAN LED of NBG6604 light? - The internet "works" fine.
    Which channel you set up on NBG6604

I use both 2,4 and 5 Ghz bands with automatic settings.

I checked the specification of Edimax EW-7612UAn V2, it is a 2.4GHz WLAN device.
    Please use another WLAN device (such as mobile phone) to check 2.4GHz signal of NBG6604 -

Any other device that I've used can connect to both 2.5 and 5 Ghz without any issues.I'm aware that the edimax adapter that I'm trying to use is 2,4 but it doesn't recognize the router's 2.4 Wifi.Last time when I tested the router was using V1.00(ABIR.2)C0. Now, it has the latest V1.00(ABIR.4)C0. Since the latest firmware update, I didn't check if this issue persists.I'll do that and get back here with the results.

Driver:

OK.I will use the provided driver and get back here with the results but I'm pretty sure it's the same driver Windows 10 automatically installed when I plugged in the adapter.I'm on the latest build of Windows 10 (1803) (not 1809 cause I see it's causing problems)

• Marius
    Oh man, i've responed using some *** between your questions and it all dissapeared..Here are my answers again :)

Which channel you set up on NBG6604? - The internet "works" fine.None specifically.Just automatic settings.I'm having this issue with firmware V1.00(ABIR.2)C0. Yerstarday I've updated the to V1.00(ABIR.4)C0. Since then I haven't checked to see if the problem persists.I'l check and post the result here.

Any other device that I'm using detects and connects just fine to both 2.4 and 5 Ghz band without any issues.Just this adapter doesn't as is not detecting the wifi network.

Driver:

Ok.I'll use this driver but I'm pretty sure Windows 10 automatically installed the same driver when I plugged in the adapter.I'll test these settings and post here the results.Thanks

• Marius

Driver:

Ok.I'll use this driver but I'm pretty sure Windows 10 automatically installed the same driver w

• Marius
    Does WLAN LED of NBG6604 light? - The internet "works" fine.
    Which channel you set up on NBG6604

I use both 2,4 and 5 Ghz bands with automatic settings.

Please use another WLAN device (such as mobile phone) to check 2.4GHz signal of NBG6604 -

Any other device that I've used can connect to both 2.5 and 5 Ghz without any issues.I'm aware that the edimax adapter that I'm trying to use is 2,4 but it doesn't recognize the router's 2.4 Wifi.Last time when I tested the router was using V1.00(ABIR.2)C0. Now, it has the latest V1.00(ABIR.4)C0. Since the latest firmware update, I didn't check if this issue persists.I'll do that and get back here with the results.

Driver:

OK.I will use the provided driver and get back here with the results but I'm pretty sure it's the same driver Windows 10 automatically installed when I plugged in the adapter.I'm on the latest build of Windows 10 (1803) (not 1809 cause I see it's causing problems)

• Marius
    Sorry for the multiple posts.I wasn't aware the posts are moderated.I did try using all the latest drivers but still it doesnt get detected.
  • Hill
    Hill Posts: 156  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2018
    Can you share below information?
    1. Does WLAN LED of NBG6604 light?
    2. Do you use another wireless device to check NBG6604 wireless signal? If another wireless device in the same place as Edimax EW-7612UAn V2, is NBG6604 work fine with another wireless device?
    3. Do you try to use fixed channel (EX: CH 6)?
    4. What is the distance between NBG6604 and Edimax EW-7612UAn V2?
    5. Can you use wireless tool (Such as WiFi Analyzer, inSSIDer ...) to scan your environment? Please provide it for reference if possible.

Consumer Product Help Center