PLA5405 v2 killing outlets?

Dave_The_First
Dave_The_First Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited November 2018 in Smart Home Product
I just received this pair of PLA5405v2 Powerline Adapters, and I went around my house testing different outlets. The first two outlets provided great results, and when I went to another floor, none of the outlets were connecting (they're on a different circuit, so I was suspecting this may happen). When I went back to the original floor & tried out the 2nd device in one of the outlets that was working previously, the outlet is now dead & provides no power to anything. I tried the other working outlet & the device was cycling power on & off for a few minutes & then no longer was drawing any power from the outlet. I'm hoping there's something I'm missing in my troubleshooting. Any outlet I now try that still draws power gives a red light for PLA-to-PLA connection & amber for network connection. Am I just hung out to dry at this point?

#PLA_Nov_2018

All Replies

• Dave_The_First
    Quick followup: I'm partly a moron in that one of the outlets that was acting dead was on a switch. The other outlet that's acting dead isn't on a switch.
  • Dave_The_First
    Another followup: everything is working fine now, I suspect my cable modem disliked using multiple devices to test, as I used the tried & true "give it a day" method & tried again with one consistent testing device, and everything looks to be fine now. I'm still not sure why the one plug was acting dead yesterday (other than the one with the switch turned off... yep that happened), but it's consistently behaving today. Weird.

Consumer Product Help Center