Can you rename the wired network on a VMG3925??

Options
jdoc_18
jdoc_18 Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited November 2018 in Smart Home Product
I have renamed the wireless network(s) but when I connect a device via Ethernet cable it shows connected to "Zyxel_232B_5G"... can i change this to my own network name?

#CPE_Nov_2018

All Replies

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Options

Hi jdoc_18,

May I know how you check your Ethernet cable name? I cannot find it on my laptop.

I think “Zyxel_232B_5G”  means your VMG3825 wireless 5G SSID, have you check your 5G SSID be modified or not?

• jdoc_18
    jdoc_18 Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the reply, I have an ethernet cable connected to my laptop and the WiFi turned OFF. I click on the little network symbol in the corner (W10, looks like a little monitor with a network cable on it), and it says "Zyxel_232B_5G   Connected"

As per a previous post I made, both my 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wireless SSID's have been renamed to something else of my choosing (and are actually called the same thing!).

As above, Wifi Is also switched off.
  • AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Options

Hi jdoc_18,

There is no setting for the wired cable name in VMG3925. I think that is Windows10 system storage network name into its profile automatically.

FYR, below is a link discusses this similar issue from Microsoft Community forum, you can have a look on it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-network-name/8b120fcc-eacc-45c2-909a-c0c6a62e2e47?auth=1

Consumer Product Help Center