emilio Posts: 1
edited November 2018 in Smart Home Product
www.zyxelforum.de is down.
Do you know why?

#Others_Oct_2018

Comments

• masterflai
    masterflai Posts: 19  Freshman Member
    Excellent question. Unfortunately the central-nas repository by mijzelf is also down. Therefore all the plugins are gone, if you press the refresh button within the App Center.

I asked mijzelf if it is a short interruption. I'm awaiting his reply. If all apps from him (Meta Repository) are gone, I will sell all my ZyXEL NAS.

So sad... all the knowledge for several jears seems to be gone.

• masterflai
    masterflai Posts: 19  Freshman Member
    Update: I found mijzelfs answer within this forum.

• casati
    casati Posts: 6  Freshman Member
    Seems the German/EU GDPR (DSGVO) are the culprit. I also stopped a big political forum I've administered because of the personal legal DSGVO risks and expected additional time consuming work.

Very bad that no r/o archive of the German ZYXEL forum seems to be available too.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Seems the German/EU GDPR (DSGVO) are the culprit.

I don't think so. The forum software is still running, it's only serving empty pages. You can see that by entering real and fake urls:

http://www.zyxelforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=310&t=12156

gives an empty page, while

http://www.zyxelforum.de/fake.php?f=310&t=12156
    gives a 404.

I think either the database is crashed, or the forum got an incompatible update, causing an exception.

• casati
    Mijzelf, how to contact the company which supported the community in the past? What happened to Tobias?
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2018
    The company is Ingenieurbüro Engelhardt . That name in combination wtih ZyXEL gives some Google hits. AFAIK Tobias is still working there, but last year he was no longer active on the forum.

• casati
    Dipl.-Ing. Dirk Engelhardt's phone is active but signal changes to busy after seconds. ZYXEL Germany Support ist unable (maybe unwilling?) to forward my contact details to current server hardware owner where the old German forum ist hosted. 

Very bad. 
  • casati
    Neither unternehmensregister.de nor the federal database of insolvencies gave a clue what happened when searching for Engelhardt. It's a pity.

Consumer Product Help Center