How can my Zyxel VMG8823-B50B communicate to a client OpenVPN the new external IP when it changes

Options
Marco55
Marco55 Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited April 2019 in Smart Home Product
How can my Zyxel VMG8823-B50B communicate to a client OpenVPN the new external IP when it changes

#CPE_Mar_2019

All Replies

• Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Marco55

Do you mean you have a OpenVPN client under VMG8825, and which role’s external IP changed? VMG8825 IP changed or OpenVPN IP changed?

Or you actually mean you want to communicate with an OpenVPN client (someone in the internet), but his external IP changed?

• Marco55
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sorry I will try to be more clear. When I am out for work and want to access my files via OpenVPN, having a dynamic external IP, I have to hope that in the meantime it has not changed. 
    For some reasons I don't want to rely on DDNS services ( there are also free ones), so I ask if the VMG8823-B50B includes in the firmware a mechanism that allows, when modifying the IP, to communicate me the new values via email or with any other protocol.
    I was informed that there are some programs, under Windows that perform this function but I haven't been able to find them yet. I would prefer that this was done by the router that is constantly turned on.
    Thanks for your attention
  • Marco55
    Options
    Sorry but I'm getting crazy or we have some translation / correction problems?
    The text that I'm writing in italian comes constantly changed and lose any sense. 
    Can someone inform me about rules
  • Marco55
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I know mine is bad English but at least it is not changed by translation
  • Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Sir, my understanding is: you have set up an OpenVPN connection for you able to access your file. And this OpenVPN target is set up under VMG8825. You need to modify OpenVPN client tool remote IP manually while VMG8825 WAN IP changed, so you would like to ask if it has related function can inform you, then you no need to check what is current VMG8825 WAN IP?   

WAN IP is an important info as a secret, so I am sorry that I need to inform you currently VMG8823-b50B has no similar function support so far.

Consumer Product Help Center