NWA1123-ACv2 Roaming configuration

Options
Cyber
Cyber Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hi,

I have two NWA1123-ACv2 - how can I configure roaming so I do not need to disable / enable wifi to get to the strongest AP connected?

Thanks!

Best regards

#Biz_Apr_2019

All Replies

• Zyxel_KathyLin
    Zyxel_KathyLin Posts: 58  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Cyber

Roaming rule as below:
    1.Create the same SSID name in two APs.
    2.The SSID with the same security. 
    > Like AP-1 has SSID-1 with WPA2 security, the AP-2 must also set the SSID-1 with WPA2 security...or the device will disconnect the wifi.
    3. The wifi coverage must overlap each other about -65dBm or lower.
    > you can install inSSIDer in your PC or wifi scanner in your mobile phone and test the wireless signal in the middle location of two APs. Check two SSID's signal if lower than -65dBm. If you stand in the middle location and the device detect the signal is strong, then you need to downgrade the AP's output power.
    4. The station connect the same SSID and get the IP must in the same subnet from two APs. Because roaming will not let station disconnect the wifi and it will not renew the IP or get IP again. To let the traffic smooth, the station's IP must can go through the AP to gateway after roaming.
  • Cyber
    Options
    Hi,

this kind of configuration I have already. but this is not "roaming", as on roaming your client does not disconnect and reconnect, instead it roams. ;)

Any other help? does this AP not support roaming?

Thanks!

BR
    Alois
  • Cyber
    Options
    Hi,

Any other help? does this AP not support roaming?

Thanks. :-)