usg60 Top HTTP Web Site Hits curious entries

Options
thecoppa
thecoppa Posts: 1
edited April 2021 in Security
On my USG60 I activated the daily reports.  One of the sections is entitled Top HTTP Web Site Hits and it is for my WAN interface.  The first few entries make sense, the dns name and also the IP address of my web server show an expected number of hits.further down the list is seems there are a few "web site hits" for addresses not in my USG.  Should I be concerned?  Below is a sanitized copy of the report I'm referring to.

mywebsite.ddns.net

my ip address

my ip address:80

my carriers dns 

112.124.42.80:63435

api.huobi.pro

outlawservers.com

Should this at all concern me?  I'm not sure why this would be happening.  They seem to be on the report every day with the same number of hits.

#Biz_May_2019

Accepted Solution

• CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @thecoppa

The "Top HTTP Web Site Hits" should be the top HTTP website has "forwarded" by your WAN interface.
    If you have any concern of it, you can capture the packets on WAN interface.
    Then it should help to find what's the source IP try to connecting to your server.

Maintenance >> Diagnostics >> Packet Capture >> Select interface and set the host IP and then click capture button.

All Replies

• CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @thecoppa

The "Top HTTP Web Site Hits" should be the top HTTP website has "forwarded" by your WAN interface.
    If you have any concern of it, you can capture the packets on WAN interface.
    Then it should help to find what's the source IP try to connecting to your server.

Maintenance >> Diagnostics >> Packet Capture >> Select interface and set the host IP and then click capture button.

Security Highlight