My GS1200 -8 only gives 10mbit on ports, how to change it?

Options
Waryas
Waryas Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited August 2022 in Switch
Like title says i only have 10 mbit on ports. And dont know how to configure.

#Home_Switch_Jun_2019

All Replies

• Mel
    Mel Posts: 83  Ally Member
    Options
    What is the firmware version of your GS1200-8?

Does every devices connect to GS1200-8, web interface shows 10 Mbps on "Per Port Status"? Is possible to share the screenshot of your problem to clarify?

What kind of devices you connected to GS1200-8 and encountered this problem? Can you share the model name of problem devices?

Have you try to disable "IEEE 802.3az EEE" feature? Is there any improvement?

• Waryas
    Waryas Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Well the problem is i cant get into the config screen, when i enter the Ip adres nothing happens and i cant configure it. I just have 2 pcs on it and all ports are not giving more then 10mbit.

• Mel
    Mel Posts: 83  Ally Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    If your PC is directly connected to router, what is the connection speed?

"I just have 2 pcs on it and all ports are not giving more then 10mbit."

Can you share the screenshot about PC connection speed when connected to GS1200-8?

And what is the model name of PC's network card?

Please also check the "Advanced" setting of your PC's network card about "Speed & Duplex".

"i cant get into the config screen, when i enter the Ip adres nothing happens and i cant configure it." 
    GS1200-8 default IP address is 192.168.1.3 and default password is 1234.

What is the IP address of your PC? If your PC's IP is not 192.168.1.X, you need to configure it as static IP to access GS1200-8.

After you can access GS1200-8, please share the information about firmware version, port status ... to clarify this problem.

BTW, and are there only two PC connected to GS1200-8?
    Do you try to replace another Ethernet cable?
    Do you know the category/type of your Ethernet cable? Is 4 pin or 8 pin of your Ethernet cable?