VMG8924-B10D and Samsung Galaxy A70

Laurent
Laurent Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited June 2019 in Smart Home Product
Hello.
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A70 and i can connect to Guest Wifi but not local (internal).
On the phone, i have a never ending connect/disconnect
Firmware is 5.13(ABGQ.3)C0. Have you heard about such problems ?
Does the new firmware solve this ?
Thank you

#SP_Jun_2019

Accepted Solution

• Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Hi Laurent
    Then please help another try:
    1. Enable Wi-Fi encryption (let SSID has a password ) 
    2.please go to Wireless > Others> Protected Management Frames, from current value change to Disable. 
    3. Test if Samsung Galaxy A70 can connect now.

All Replies

• Hikari
    First Comment
    Hi Laurent

We seldom have this kind of problem. Could you please help to a simple test?
    Change Wi-Fi password encryption from current (should be WPA2-PSK) to open. Try Samsung connects with the SSID without a password. This action used to check if this symptom caused by authentication progress.
  • Laurent
    Hi Hikari
    Thank you for helping
    I did the test with no password, it works !
    Simple passwords like 12345678 or ABCDEFGH doesn't work.
    Another test, if i give the wrong password, i got an error (wrong password)
    If there is no error (password correct), i got a never ending connect/disconnect
  • Hikari
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Hi Laurent
    Then please help another try:
    1. Enable Wi-Fi encryption (let SSID has a password ) 
    2.please go to Wireless > Others> Protected Management Frames, from current value change to Disable. 
    3. Test if Samsung Galaxy A70 can connect now.
  • Laurent
    Hi Hikari
    It works ! Even with strong password.
    It makes me wonder to a lot of questions...
    Does that mean that Galaxy A70 doesn't support PMF ?
    Or is it a communication probleme between A70 and VMG8924-B10D (they don't speech the same language ;) )
    Or is it a bug of VMG8924-B10D ?
    It seems that if i've been connected once, i can reconnect even if the PMF is set to "Capable"
    Thank you 

• Hikari
    First Comment
    Hi Laurent
    We have some customer report their wireless equipment has a similar problem like yours. These devices mostly are really new in the market. When clarifying which side has a problem we have discussed with our wireless driver vendor. 
    If it is our Wi-Fi function code (CPE wireless driver) problem, then all wireless equipment like a mobile phone, laptop or any tablet may not able to connect to our device. And, some customer whom able to modify the driver's PMF code, after code modification, their wireless client device is able to connect with our SSID again.
    From our side, we cannot test every wireless client device in the market. We only can base on our debug experience provide some suggestion.
  • Laurent
    edited June 2019
    Hi Hikari
    Guest  Wifi doesn't experience that problem. Does that mean it do not use this parameter (PMF is disable on Guest) ?
    Is there something i can do for help debugging ?
    Anyway, I'm glad you found a way for connecting me to my local WiFi network. Thank you so much for your quick and efficient help !
  • I am also using Samsung Galaxy A70 and rarely encounter this problem

• Try restarting your Samsung phone

Consumer Product Help Center