VMG1312-B10A

mAnthis
mAnthis Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited June 2019 in Smart Home Product
Hello there, i have a problem with this model from zyxel, suddenly it stopped working and the power led is blinking slowly for 5 secs, then faster for another 8 secs, then stops blinking, it turns on solidly, and then the LAN leds blink for a sec then the other 4 leds blink for another sec and it seems that it reboots constantly!!!
I have tried to hard reset it but the manual says that the power led must be solid not blinking, i have found many info on the web but nothing seems to work! I have managed after 30 secs of pressing the reset button to make it wait through its web application through its ip to upload to it some update file from an isp. Please help me out on this! Thank you.

#SP_Jun_2019

Comments

• Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Hi mAnthis
    If you unplug the DSL cable and tried a long push factory reset button on the shell, will it recover back? This action used to clarify if the unknown situation cause by VMG itself or some change from the ISP.
  • mAnthis
    mAnthis Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Hello, what do you mean long push? How much time to push it? I have tried from 10 sec to 2 min...
    I haven't found yet, and i have searched the whole pdf manual, what is the procedure of making a full and total reset of the router.... I just want it to be totally erased, as i bought it now....
  • Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Hi mAnthis
    Is it possible to change a new VMG1312-B10A from your ISP? This symptom is abnormal  :'(
    Usually, when long press the reset hole (not power button) for 10-20 sec, the device should do a factory reset and clean all the configuration. The pdf, I assume you mean user guide document, it teaches how to use this device, may not have too much recover info in it.
    But, you have this forum, let us help you. 

Consumer Product Help Center