[VMG8924-B10A] What is the correct way to report a bug?

rvsjimbo
rvsjimbo Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited July 2019 in Smart Home Product
Hello,

Just joined John Lewis Broadband in the UK and have been supplied with a VMG8924 B10A, and I have found a bug in the UI of the management interface, which basically requires a factory reset of the router. It is (annoningly) repeatable.

Can someone please tell me the correct mechanism for reporting a (probably) none-security related bug?

Thanks!

Paul.

#SP_Jul_2019

All Replies

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Hi rvsjimbo,

May I have your fw version? And the issue you encounter? 
  • rvsjimbo
    Firmware version: 1.00(AAKL.28)C0

The issue I have is that if you use a special character (in this case an apostrophe) as part of a WPA2-PSK key (which I have done before on my old DrayTek router), then it prevents any further configuration of the wireless settings by blanking out the band select drop-down - you cannot select either 2.4 or 5GHz. This is definitely repeatable and I have done it again just now (after making a backup of the working configuration this time.

The good news (again just tested) is that bringing configuration back from a backup sorts the problem. Previously I was only able to fix it via a factory reset.

Feel free to give me some test firmware to try, and I will see if it gets rid of the problem.

Best regards,

Paul.
  • Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Hi rvsjimbo
    In FW AAKL28C0, I have tried in my side but I cannot duplicate the issue symptom.
    1. Go to wireless > general > WPA2-PASK change password = '123456789
    2. There's has a pop up window remind me WPA Pre-Shared Key should be between 8 and 63 characters(a-z, A-Z, 0-9, '-', '_' and '.') or 64 hexadecimal digits. 
    3. Close this window and follow the suggestion set password = 1234567890, GUI page works normally.
    Please advise me which step I missed? Thank you.
  • rvsjimbo
    Well, it looks like the ZyXel simply does not like apostrophes, i.e. '

So, I will stay away from those. Although I will try it again when I see a new software revision come out.

Something else that I think I cannot do with the ZyXel is run a VPN server, is this correct?

Thanks!

Paul.

Consumer Product Help Center