How do I configure GS1900 switches to pass both VLAN and non-VLAN traffic between one another?

Options
tsuki_net
tsuki_net Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited August 2022 in Switch
I have two GS1900-8 switches. I would like to pass VLAN and non-VLAN traffic between them. I'm unable to figure out how to do that.

I have configured both switches to have ports 5 and 6 on VLAN 20. So both of those ports are assigned PVID 20 and marked as untagged. I have connected the switches using port 1 on each switch.

I'm using two PCs to test connectivity with ping. If the PCs are connected to non-VLAN ports on the two different switches, ping works.

If the two PCs are connected to two VLAN ports on the SAME switch, pings work.

If the two PCs are connected to a VLAN port on the two different switches, the pings do not work. (For example, one PC is connected to port 5 on one switch, and the other PC is connected to port 5 on the other switch.)

How do I configure the switches to pass both VLAN and non-VLAN traffic between the switches?

If it's not obvious, I have no experience with VLANs. I was unable to figure out how to do this between Googling and experimenting.

#Biz_Feb_2020

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Derrick
    Zyxel_Derrick Posts: 126  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi tsuki_net

Please try to configure VLAN 20 on port 1 and set to tagged out then it should be no problem
    Thanks

Best regards,
    Zyxel_Derrick

All Replies

• Zyxel_Derrick
    Zyxel_Derrick Posts: 126  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi tsuki_net

Please try to configure VLAN 20 on port 1 and set to tagged out then it should be no problem
    Thanks

Best regards,
    Zyxel_Derrick
  • tsuki_net
    tsuki_net Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Thanks very much! That made things work like I wanted. I'm happy the solution was a simple one. Now I'll move on to some more experiments.