PLA Configuration Utility PLA5405 v2_V7.0.6.17.0926(Windows) - Windows 10 Professional 64bit

AlistairL
AlistairL Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited June 2020 in Smart Home Product
I have separately installed both  Windows 32 and 64 bit versions of the utility but neither will start in full screen and can't be maximised. Running in compatibility mode is similarly unsuccessful and the utility can't be used. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#PLA_Apr_2020

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @AlistairL

Welcome to visit Zyxel Forum, and sorry for causing your bad experience.
    Like @GreenLight said, there is no full-screen mode even in Win7, and that's the utility design.

For OS compatibility, we only guarantee the utility compatibility up to Win8 OS version.(See our latest release note: https://download.zyxel.com/PLA5405_v2/software/PLA5405%20v2_V7.0.6.17.0926(Windows)_2.pdf)

I just tried to run the utility in a Win10 Laptop, the utility can be processed well and even detect other PLA devices. (without other warning message shown), so you may try to close other background software/utility which may occupy the laptop service, and then open our PLA utility again.

If the error still occurs, please attach the screenshot of error message and your laptop OS version. I'll be glad to keep digging in this issue and providing tech support for you.

Best Regards,
    Richard

All Replies

• Greenlight
    Greenlight Posts: 57  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    There is also no full screen mode in my Windows 7 laptop, seems it's the software design.
  • Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @AlistairL

Welcome to visit Zyxel Forum, and sorry for causing your bad experience.
    Like @GreenLight said, there is no full-screen mode even in Win7, and that's the utility design.

For OS compatibility, we only guarantee the utility compatibility up to Win8 OS version.(See our latest release note: https://download.zyxel.com/PLA5405_v2/software/PLA5405%20v2_V7.0.6.17.0926(Windows)_2.pdf)

I just tried to run the utility in a Win10 Laptop, the utility can be processed well and even detect other PLA devices. (without other warning message shown), so you may try to close other background software/utility which may occupy the laptop service, and then open our PLA utility again.

If the error still occurs, please attach the screenshot of error message and your laptop OS version. I'll be glad to keep digging in this issue and providing tech support for you.

Best Regards,
    Richard
  • AlistairL
    AlistairL Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Thanks both. As running in compatibility mode has not worked I have been forced to reduce the scale and layout resolution to 100% from the recommended 200%. This helps separate the application window tiles but is a challenge on the eyes and very far from a satisfactory solution as it makes using the utility annoyingly difficult and it is hard to understand why Zyxel continue to market the solution given that Windows 10 is so widely employed. This is a major flaw which should have been addressed much earlier and as a user of Zyxel's otherwise excellent homeplug solution is rather disappointing.
  • Greenlight
    Greenlight Posts: 57  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    I've test with my another Win10 laptop, The resolution is good without any error.
    My screen resolution is 1366x768, for your reference.

Consumer Product Help Center