USG60W reboot now and then after upgrade to 4.30

Comments

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @edgi
    I will private message the firmware for you to monitor and check this issue.
    Charlie
  • danyedinak
    danyedinak Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    I also have a customer with a USG60W running 4.30 that is periodically rebooting. It seemed to temporarily resolve when I activated a trial of the IDP license, but that expired on 18 days ago and the problems have returned in the last few days. I just disabled the signature updates for AV and IDP (neither are currently licensed) and am waiting to see if that makes a difference. Shouldn't take long as there have been two failures in 24 hours, though, the failures before that were approximately every 7 days. Automatic updates for firmware are also disabled, and have ruled out power failures as a cause.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @danyedinak
    I will private message the firmware for you to monitor and check this issue.
    Charlie
  • elkrust
    elkrust Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    I too have a client with a USG40W that started crashing randomly soon after firmware 4.30 was installed. But the crashing only happens when IDP is enabled. When it gets turned off the crashing stops immediately. There are only three client machines within the network, none are particularly heavy users and two lightly used servers.
  • SINC
    SINC Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We also have a customer with a USG40W on the 4.30 firmware and using UTM, and they are experiencing restarts as often as every 10 to 15 minutes.
    We're working to roll them back to 4.25 to see if that resolves the issue, in the meantime can we also get a copy of the beta firmware?
  • Henere
    Henere Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi there, using USG60W i have the same issue. Rebooting or Resetting impulsively.
    Nothing in the logs (logging only to the RAM is not a really good idea, Zyxel).
    Using V4.30(AAKZ.0) / 2017-11-23 21:19:54 from the beginning.
    Sometimes up to 10 times a day, then some days 0 resets.

What can i do ?

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,431  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @elkrust, @SINC and @Henere,

I will send you firmware by private message. just let me know if you encounter the same issue.

• Henere
    Hi @Zyxel_Cooldia
    i recieved your message. Thx a lot.
    Should i update the new FW into the standby oder running configuration ?
    Is there a manual for the order to do this ?

Regards, Henere
  • Henere
    @Zyxel_Cooldia
    Sorry, but the archive on dropbox is damaged and cant be unzipped

Winrar says: 430AAKZ0ITS-WK13-r82765.zip: Das Archiv ist beschädigt. (The archive is damaged) :-(

• elkrust
    elkrust Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    I too get an error when I try to zip the firmware file.

Security Highlight