I cant upgrade vmg3312-t20a

Options
Orhun
Orhun Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited September 2020 in Smart Home Product
I bought this yesterday. Firmware version is V5.30(ABFX.5)G0. I couldnt find anything about that G but website has an update named V5.30(ABFX.5)C0. First what is the difference and do i need to upgrade,second i tried to upgrade but it says Image uploading failed. You may press 'Cancel' to upload another firmware image file, or press 'OK' to reboot to recover normal operation. 
Edit: My ping in games increased after started using this and the one i was using very old . Any reason for that ?

Accepted Solution

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is not allowed to upgrade fw from G0 to C0 because they are different firmware version.
    You can only upgrade from G0 firmware to G0 firmware.

C0 firmware is a generic version.
    G0 firmware is a customized version firmware. If you need a newer version, you need to check it with your ISP who is using this version to get the latest version.

All Replies

• Hummel
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is not allowed to upgrade fw from G0 to C0 because they are different firmware version.
    You can only upgrade from G0 firmware to G0 firmware.

C0 firmware is a generic version.
    G0 firmware is a customized version firmware. If you need a newer version, you need to check it with your ISP who is using this version to get the latest version.

• Orhun
    Orhun Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    @Hummel
    Thank you. Do you know about the increased ping ? same settings.
  • Hummel
    Options
    What do you mean about increased ping? I have no idea what you mean.

Consumer Product Help Center