GS2210-48 cisco-like vlan mode

jvictor
jvictor Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi,
I was trying to configure some GS2200 to interoperate with our installed switchs, there is a bunch of commands very similar to Cisco IOS, but when executed I get this message

(config)# interface port-channel 1,2,3
(config-interface)# switchport mode trunk

"VLAN configuration is current not in cisco-like vlan mode"

Is there any way to enable some compatibility with Cisco IOS?

Comments

• Zyxel_Ryan
    Zyxel_Ryan Posts: 72  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2018
    Hi @jvictor

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    Regarding your question, I am wondering if you are talking about GS2210-48 because we should not have clv mode on GS2200-48?
    If you want to enable clv mode, you can use command below and you can enable it.
    GS2210#config
    GS2210(config)# clv

For details, you can also refer to Chapter 16 of our CLI Reference Guide as attachment.

Ryan
  • CrazyTacos
    CrazyTacos Posts: 53  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @jvictor

Using Zyxel's CLI, "interface port-channel 1,2,3" is equivalent to Cisco's "interface range fastethernet 1/1-3". 

On the other hand, Cisco's "interface port-channel 1" refers to creating a Link Aggregation / Ether-channel group ID "1".

They are completely different commands!
  • Zyxel_Albert
    Zyxel_Albert Posts: 36  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @jvictor

We support CLV feature on version 4.50. CLV is for the users who are familiar with CISCO style command line. CLV could transfer VLAN configuration seamlessly between Zyxel style and Cisco style without any VLAN configuration miss.

For more details about CLV command please see CLI Reference Guide and make sure your device is running on firmware v4.50.

Best Regards
    Zyxel