VMG3625-T50B ISP in Slovakia AnnexB unable to connect to internet

Rudolf Torvenyi
Rudolf Torvenyi Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited December 2020 in Smart Home Product
hello, 
I have a new VMG3625-T50B router. The ISP is Telekom in Slovakia ANNEX B. 
I still see the WAN interface down.
  xDSLFwVersion:      FwVer:5.12.12.0_A_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.0
       Line State:      Down
       Modulation:      N/A
       Annex Mode:      N/A
Firmware version is VMG3625-T50B_5.50(ABPM.0)C0

I tried every possible configuration, but still unable to connect.
I also tried to change the Annex mode to Annex B in config. 

Can you help me please? 

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hello @Rudolf Torvenyi

I cannot find the user guide for this model, but looking at the datasheets at ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/VMG3625-T50B/datasheet/ and the VDSL information at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDSL under profiles, then I think that Annex B is already supported but called Plan 997.

What are the LEDs showing for DSL? Green or Orange?
        - the ones for VMG3625-T20A are in the picture below.

If the DSL LED is off. then the DSL line might not be active at all or not connected by your ISP or cable not connected correctly.

If you get a blinking DSL led then the VDSL line is being initialised.

I hope that this is helpful.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Tony
  • tonygibbs16
    edited December 2020
    Hello @Rudolf Torvenyi

You probably need help from your ISP, but you could try enabling all the VDSL Profiles under Broadband > Advanced, which could look like this picture below in the GUI of your router.

but the LEDs could tell you things as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tony
  • Welcome to our directory of Internet Service Providers in Slovakia.The market competition has been able to force a number of the mergers as well as acquisitions in the recent years ... List of all internet access services registered in our base.
  • tonygibbs16
    Hello @Rudolf Torvenyi

You mention that Telekom is your ISP in Slovakia and according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_VDSL_and_VDSL2_deployments#Europe they have been supporting VDSL2 since 2013.

Tony
  • Rudolf Torvenyi
    Hello, thank you for your answers. The line is ADSL2. Now I have a different router (old Linksys ) on the line and this is working fine. With the new Zyxel router the DSL and internet LEDs are not blinking. 
    I have downloaded the config file and opened in text editor. I found in the release notes that the ANNEX is changeble with this setting X_ZYXEL_ADSL2_AnnexA_B. In the config I found that there is ANNEX A set. I have changed it to ANNEXB. (Because Telekom in Slovakia is AnnexB). But this didn't help :(.
    The cable comes from ISP to a passive SPLITTER. And from the splitter via R11 cable to the DSL port to the router. 
    Any other idea? 
    Maybe somehow to change th xDSLFwVersion:      FwVer:5.12.12.0_A_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.0 ? Maybe the letter "A" in the version means ANNEX A. Just guessing. But I didn't find any repository where can I change the xDSLFwVersion

than you and Merry Christmas and Happy New year
  • tonygibbs16
    Hello @Rudolf Torvenyi

You're welcome.

You seem to have the latest firmware according to ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/VMG3625-T50B/firmware/

Looking at the release notes, which you seem to have done, it has the setting for both Annex A and B as follows:

But if you have no flashing DSL leds then it seems like it is not coming up at all.

In the log file for my VMG1312=B10D, I get the following log entries for xDSL

Nov  9 21:20:23 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1
    Nov  9 21:33:08 user.info esmd: xDSL: PTM link down.
    Nov  9 21:33:10 daemon.info pppd: Connect time 94.1 minutes.
    Nov  9 21:33:10 daemon.info pppd: Sent 27349034 bytes, received 1782771042 bytes.
    Nov  9 21:33:10 daemon.warning pppd: Couldn't increase MTU to 1500
    Nov  9 21:33:10 daemon.warning pppd: Couldn't increase MRU to 1500
    Nov  9 21:35:05 user.info esmd: xDSL: link up, Connection Type: PTM, Speed: RX:50303 / TX:17237 (Kbps)

If you have got your Linksys working, then is there any config you can copy accross from that, such as the encapsulation (probably it should be set to PPPoA), and the VPI and VCI values for the ATM PVC configuration.

I hope that this is helpful.

Tony
  • Rudolf Torvenyi
    Hello, 
    its working! I have reset the router do default, changed the X_ZYXEL_ADSL2_AnnexA_B to AnnexB, set the correct PPPoE settings (I had these before correctly set) and it started to work. 
    Zyxel Support has replied that Annex B for ADSL does not work. But its working :)
  • tonygibbs16
    edited December 2020
    Hello @Rudolf Torvenyi

Brilliant.  :) I am happy for you that it working now.

Time to save a backup of the configuration, so that you have it when you need it.

Tony

Consumer Product Help Center