ADSL G.992.1 Annex B routers

iamliss
iamliss Posts: 8  Freshman Member
Hello
Please suggest the latest routers models with adsl Annex B. I can't find any info for existing routers
Thanks

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hello @iamliss

There is a range of Zyxel products that does this at https://service-provider.zyxel.com/emea/en/products/dsl-cpes

An example is the Zyxel VMG3625-T50B where the data sheet is at ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/VMG3625-T50B/datasheet/ and it does VDSL, VDSL2 and ADSL, including Annex B.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tony
  • iamliss
    edited December 2020
    Thanks @tonygibbs16 for your answer. But how did you find any of this has annex B? I opened every item and check ftp pdfs - no info about annex at all. Or maybe every model has annex A and B modifications?
  • iamliss
    edited December 2020
    Every pdf mention that model supporting G.992.1 (G.dmt). no info about annex.  seems if nothing mentioned about annex so model supports only annex A by default? or maybe both A and B?
  • tonygibbs16
    edited December 2020
    Hi @iamliss

I have replied to another post, but for the VMG3625-T50B I read the release notes, see the following extract.

So it probably needs a bit of detective work or buy the device you need through your ISP who will have made sure that it works in your country and configuration.

I did the later and got the VMG1312-B10D that worked out of the box for VDSL. And similarly I bought through the ISP when I was on ADSL and got a Zyxel device that worked.

I hope that this is helpful.

Tony
  • tonygibbs16
    Hi @iamliss

The ISP I use now supplies TPLink hardware, and the manual for that device at https://www.suffolkonline.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/1910011944_TD-W9970EU_V2_User-Guide.pdf says on page 39 of that manual that the ADSL Annex is switchable to match what you connection uses.

The original equipment manufacturers (OEM) like Zyxel or TPLink might make it configurable so that each model they sell can work in many countries.
        - because that could help with their stock unit (SKU) levels and working capital allocation financially.

I hope that this is helpful.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Tony
  • tonygibbs16

@Rudolf Torvenyi has proven VMG3625-T50B definitely works with ADSL Annex B.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Tony
  • iamliss
    edited December 2020
    Hello and thanks for reply

@tonygibbs16  Modem can support both annex A and B for ADSL2 (G.992.3) but only Annex A for ADSL1 (G.992.1).  Im looking only for ADSL1 (G.992.1) Annex B. Early models supporting ADSL Annex B always had that in title - for example ASUS DSL-N55U Annex B. That was really important to mention it in title. Also no information about annex means Annex A by default. Thats why im asking.
    So VMG3625-T50B supports annex B for ADSL1? Can I trust to Rudolf Torvenyi  ))))

Also for previous version of this modem VMG3625-T20A specification mention: G.992.1 (G.dmt) Annex A

• iamliss
    Actually why we trying to guess the information. how to ask manufacturer?
  • tonygibbs16
    edited December 2020
    Hello @iamliss

Well, I am trying to help you with what I know and what others have got working and looking at what the Zyxel published documentation I can find has.

For example, I have found that the default setting for ADSL in the latest firmware for VMG3625-T50B is actually ADSL2 Annex M, by looking in the .ROM JSON file for the firmware in ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/VMG3625-T50B/firmware/ so this device is flexible.

G992.1 Annex B is what is needed for ADSL over ISDN, whereas G992.1 Annex A is what is needed for ADSL over Plain Old Telephony Service (POTS).
        and these are not ADSL2.

I can step back as you want, and let people with Zyxel_name accounts answer your queries.

Tony
  • iamliss
    Thank you @tonygibbs16
    But really how to ask manufacturer? 

Consumer Product Help Center