USG and Plume WLAN

Options
VPNRob
VPNRob Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I'm using Plume together with a USG40 firewall. The only way I got it to work is by switching it to router mode. However, now the WLAN is on a different subnet than the business network which means no access to network resources. Has anyone successfully used Plume WLAN together with USG40 in bridging mode? DHCP is delivered by Windows (not by USG40), which could also be the reason why bridge mode didn't work.In Routing mode Plume passes out it's own IP addresses. Interesting: Before I had a single Zyxel access point and had no problem at all. Plume support not very helpful, so I thought I'd ask the Zyxel community.

All Replies

• kukuman
    kukuman Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    @VPNRob What is Plume WLAN? and how it works?Could you share your topology? I'm interested in it very much.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,066  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @VPNRob

Thanks for your feedback.

In your case, we suggest you configure WiFi router to bridge mode.

As long as the WiFi router connects to USG40 LAN port, it should be working without additional configurations on USG40.

Following example is Zyxel NBG router which in bridge mode connect to USG60W can give you a reference.

https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/4759/usg60w-access-to-lan-from-additional-wap

You may check your WiFi router configuration or contact with WiFi router manufacturer to ask if there is any other user encounter this symptom.

Security Highlight