USG Flex 700

Options
jayd691
jayd691 Posts: 18  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security
edited April 2021 in Security
I just received my new Flex 700 and after going through the quick setup process and upgrading the device to the latest firmware, 4.60 Patch 1, the device will not shut down when using the gui. It appears to hang after receiving the command and the message shows on the web gui "Device is shutting down..." and the time keeps going but the device does not power off. Do I need to send this device back or is this a known issue being corrected. The only way I can turn off the device is by turning off the power to the device which is not good.

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,078  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can refer to this link:
    If you press the Shutdown button on the web GUI it will write all cached data to the local storage and stop the system processes. You have to manually press the power button of the device or remove power cable to turn off the power.

Thanks.

• jayd691
    jayd691 Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security
    Options
    I have another question. How do I allow the GS1920-24HPv2 switch to use the Flex 700 as the NTP server? I can use an outside time server, but I generally always use the firewall/router for the time for downstream devices. If I set the NTP server address to the Flex 700, the switch cannot update its time.

Please bear with me as I am re-learning the Zyxel devices after a long absence! Thank you.
  • Zyxel_Tobias
    Zyxel_Tobias Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @jayd691

The Flex can´t use as NTP Server, it only can act as NTP client. So it still need Switch to use external NTP Server.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Tobias

Security Highlight