ATP500 hangs - 3 reboots in one day

Options
neoforma
neoforma Posts: 9
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi! Since today our ATP500 hangs randomly. I had to reboot (switch off and on!) it for three times today. The ATP Web GUI doesn't work.
A few minutes before i get Alert Mails:
  • temporary working folder filesystem usage reaches 97%
  • App Watch Dog: asd is dead
  • App watch dog stop to recover asd. Daemon state: dead
i viewed the ATP for some time. The cpu is between 5 and 20%, the ram is about 33%, the flash memory was about 18%.
Running firmware: 4.60
What can i do?
Thanks
Rudolf

All Replies

• Zyxel_Tobias
    Zyxel_Tobias Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @@neoforma

thank your for your long and detailed post.

Today we encounter an issue with one signature, can cause in rare condition abnormal behavior on your ATP firewall.

And you was one of the lucky few people, which seems run into this issue today.

We already roll out a fix via Cloud signature update, but let me share the steps with you.

-> Reboot the device if you can´t login anymore
    -> Go to Configure -> Licensing -> Signature Update
    -> Update App Patrol signature from 2021 version to 2020 version (just execute)
    -> Reboot device after signature is sync finished

The issue is gone then, and the CPU will continue work smoothly as expected.

We are very sorry, that you run today into these issue and we have already adjust our QA to include the mention "UTM Dashboard" process deeper into signature release testing.

Have a good weekend.

Kind Regards,

Tobias
  • neoforma
    Options
    Hi Tobias, i made the steps you explained. After 20 min. the ATP500 hangs again. The signature is 2020 (i checked). What should i do?
  • neoforma
    Options
    Info: i updated to 4.62. But there is still no change.
  • neoforma
    Options
    The following mails i received before:

No.  Date/Time           Source                 Destination          

Priority            Category               Note                 

1    2021-02-12 21:09:24                                                                                

alert               system                 App Watch Dog                                  

App watch dog recover asd dead at the 2 time

2    2021-02-12 21:09:24                                                                                

asd is dead at Fri Feb 12 21:09:24 2021

3    2021-02-12 21:09:23                                                                                

App watch dog recover asd dead at the 1 time

4    2021-02-12 21:09:22                                                                                

asd is dead at Fri Feb 12 21:09:22 2021

1    2021-02-12 21:09:25                                                                                

App watch dog recover asd dead at the 3 time

2    2021-02-12 21:09:25                                                                                

asd is dead at Fri Feb 12 21:09:25 2021

3    2021-02-12 21:09:26                                                                                

asd is dead at Fri Feb 12 21:09:26 2021

4    2021-02-12 21:09:26                                                                                

App watch dog stop to recover asd. Daemon state: dead

1    2021-02-12 21:09:34                                                                                

temporary working folder filesystem usage reaches 97%

1    2021-02-12 21:10:36                                                                                

alert               zysh                   zysh daemon                                    

ZySH daemon is busy

• Zyxel_Tobias
    Options
    Hi @neoforma

This is different issue from what we know by today.

Can you try install this firmware and let me know result?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a63mfc2c6ojr0tj/462ABFU0ITS-WK02-r98140.zip?dl=1

Please also disable "Application Patrol" in Configuration and under Monitor (Collect Statistic) and let me know if it still happen.

If yes, please send me diag file via PM.

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360001516479-USG-Series-Creating-A-Diagnostic-File

Kind Regards,

Tobias
  • neoforma
    Options
    there is no checkbox to disable App Patrol, so i deleted the profile from the list. is this right?

• Zyxel_Tobias
    Options
    Hi,

please go to Monitor -> UTM Statistic -> Application Patrol and disable "Collect Log"

Security Highlight