I accidently chose Nebula for my NWA5123-ACHD. I want to change from Mgmt to Compatible

GoldWare
GoldWare Posts: 7
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
It went off-line and i can´t get it on-line

All Replies

• GoldWare
    First Comment
    I registered a Nebula account and registered the AP there
  • GoldWare
    First Comment
    When I try to take the AP out from Nebula. It says the device is not registered. How can I solve this? I have reset the AP. It comes back as Mgmt Nebula Off-line.
  • GoldWare
    First Comment

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @GoldWare,
    The Mgnt means that the AP is using the same firmware as the controller and the compatible means the AP is not using the same firmware as the controller. As your screenshot, the NWA5121-NI is limited in version 5.10, but the NWA5123-AC HD can be up to last firmware version, so the NWA5123-AC HD shows Mgnt. in the controller.

If you have problem to let the controller manage the AP after unregister it from the NCC, please reset the AP to default and check again if the AP can be manged.
    Thanks.
  • GoldWare
    First Comment
    See my earlier comment:
    When I try to take the AP out from Nebula. It says the device is not registered. How can I solve this? I have reset the AP. It comes back as Mgmt Nebula Off-line.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Hi @GoldWare,
    To let the AP be managed by controller, you don't have do to any registration.
    When you registered the AP to Nebula, the AP became to cloud mode and didn't show on the controller. However, as your description and screenshot, the AP was not registered in the NCC and found the controller but failed to online. So, please check if the AP got an IP address and SSH to the AP to check if it can ping to the controller.
    If all above is no problem, please execute below commands to check AP status and share to us.
    Router> show hybrid-mode
    Router> show capwap ap ac-ip
    Router> show capwap ap info
  • GoldWare
    First Comment
    I will try to do this.
    So off-line doesn't mean off-line for real? So why can't any devices connect? Or can they but I can't see this?
  • GoldWare
    First Comment
    I got:
    Network error: Connectoin timed out. (Putty, SSH)
    It doesn't answer to ping either and the Zyxel One Network Utility can't find it either.
    However Zyxel ONU does find the Zywall110 & the NWA5121-NI
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Hi @GoldWare
    Thanks for helping check the AP status. The offline means the AP can't connect to the controller but if the AP can get IP and provide the wireless service, it's workable. So, as your description, the AP seemed to get an IP address, but failed to access via SSH, ping and ZON. 
    Would you check the DHCP table of the DHCP server, and ping from the DHCP server if it's available to check the AP did get the IP address. If it's not able to get an IP address, please try to reset it via hardware reset button again. 
    If above steps are not helpful to recover the AP, please RMA it.