GS1900-8HP and GS1920-24HPv2 LACP problem

Vettalex
Vettalex Posts: 7
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi, I have a GS1900-8HP switch and a GS1920-24HPv2 switch.
I made a LACP configuration between the 2, with port 7-8 and port 27-28 respectively.
The configuration is seen and is also in "up", but I cannot ping switch 24 from switch 8 and vice versa; also the resources on 8 vs 24 and vice versa are not seen. Where am I wrong? i checked the configurations a thousand times and they look ok.
If I take out LACP and attach the switches with a normal cable into 2 unconfigured ports, everything works, so the problem is just LACP.
Thanks to everyone who can help me.

All Replies

• imaohw
    imaohw Posts: 123  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    @Vettalex - I’m not sure if this is your issue but you are using different load balance algorithms on the two switches.  IP/MAC on one and just MAC on the other.
  • Vettalex
    First Comment
    Hello and thanks for the reply.
    No, actually I have both configured mac + ip as I usually do ... instead you tell me that they must be different?
  • imaohw
    imaohw Posts: 123  Ally Member
    That’s not what your original post shows. I’m just looking at the information you provided.
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    edited March 2021
    Hi @Vettalex ,

Do you use VLAN 1 IP address of switch to ping each other or other VLANs IP addresses?
    If you use VLAN 1 IP to ping switches, it should not have problem since both switches show LACP status UP. By the way, the criteria should not affect ping session. 

You may need to check VLAN tagged on LACP ports. 
    You may also share your screenshot of tagged VLAN for LACP ports here, so we can have a look =D

Adam
  • Vettalex
    First Comment
    Hi Adam, so I made a diagram to make it clearer:
    Both switches are configured with LACP port 7-8 and 27-28 respectively;
    ip switch 8p 192.168.1.252 - 24p ip switch 192.168.1.253
    vlan1 data: 192.168.8.x
    vlan7 voice: 192.168.7.x
    VLAN 1: all ports "fix" no tag, except port 24 "normal"
    VLAN 7: all ports "fix" tag, except port 23 "normal"
    PVID port 24: 7, the rest of the ports all PVID 1
    in this way here, I can connect the phones configured with vlan 7 to any port and take the ip of 7, in cascade I can connect any pc and receive the ip of 1, so everything works.
    If I use the LACP the 2 switches cannot communicate with each other through the IP 192.168.1.x

If I use only 1 cable to hook the 2 switches, on a port other than 7-8 27-28, they can communicate safely, so the problem lies in the LACP configuration, but I can't understand where I'm wrong
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    @Vettalex ,

May I confirm one thing :

vlan1 data: 192.168.8.x   ← Is this typo?  I remember you used 192.168.1.x subnet on VLAN 1 
    vlan7 voice: 192.168.7.x

One more thing you need to check is port status of both switches, all LACP ports should be forwarding state. If one of the LACP port shows blocking, it will never have a successful ping. 

If port status of all LACP ports are forwarding, you may share your switches configuration here or PM me the configuration, so everyone/I can help you to check.

Adam