Using SendGrid as SMTP server

Options
dhvik
dhvik Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,
I have a sendgrid account and would like to use it as SMTP server when configuring my USG60 firewall.
Problem is that the api key that sendgrid issue to me is 70 characters long and the password field of the SMTP authentication only allows a password that is 63 characters.

Can you add support for longer passwords in the software?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,066  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Thanks for your reply.
    Currently, we support the maximum e-mail password length of 63 characters.

• dhvik
    dhvik Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options
    Yes, that I understand. My question is rather, if and when you will support passwords longer than 63 characters (like the sendgrid issued password around 70 characters.
  • Interpulse_Admins
    Options
    yeah, have the same issue. SendGrid uses an APIKey of 69 characters. So I can't use our corporate sendgrid account. Why is the password length so limited. 63 characters is enough for normal passwords, but apikeys are most often used (since using office365 user accounts is blocked because of MFA that is inplace).

Can this password field for the SMTP auth please be updated to 70 or more characters. Make it 128 then you will be safe for most apikeys, but why nog 255 as most varchar's are :-)
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,066  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Interpulse_Admins

Thanks for your suggestion.
    Currently, we support the maximum password length of the e-mail is 63 characters.
    We will put this idea to 
    idea section for our future development evaluation.

Security Highlight