Is there any EOL schedule for zywall usg series?

SandB
SandB Posts: 17  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Can I use USG40, USG 110, USG 310, USG1100 at 5 years later?
How long does zyxel support security license for usg series?

Accepted Solution

• jonatan
    jonatan Posts: 143  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    For devices of the USG/Zywall series, another, last, official release of v4.63 is planned. The release of this version is scheduled for June of this year. This version will only include fixes related to the stable operation of devices and fixes for detected vulnerabilities (CVE). We will also continue to release weekly updates based on 4.62 until the release of 4.63. All fixes included in weekly updates based on 4.62 that will not be included in the official release of 4.63 will only be included in subsequent weekly updates based on 4.63 after the release of the last official version.So there will be no additional functionality. ZLD v5. 0, which is released on April 12, and v 5.1, which is planned for October, will not be received by USG/Zywall devices. We will have to think about upgrading to the USG Flex/ATP series.... :/

All Replies

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2021

@Hi SandB,

Since web threats are growing over the internet, it’s always best practice to keep our devices up-to-date.

For your question we recommend ATP and USG FLEX series.

Please consider to purchase either ATP series or USG FLEX series for better protection.

Best regards.

• jonatan
    Outdated security service subscriptions (licenses) for ZyWALL/USG/NSG series firewalls. In the future, these services (including in Nebula) will be supported in the new lines of firewalls-USG FLEX and ATP.

• Zyxel_Can

Hi @jonatan,

Thank you for your sharing.

This table shows the obsoleted subscriptions and Zyxel still has new license SKUs as the successors of those obsoleted subscriptions.

Also, it’s not related to the hardware device EOL.

Best regards.

• SandB
    Thank you for reply.

But I confused.
    Is USG series available or not now and near future?

I understand USG FLEX and ATP is better than USG series.

I'm using USG series and it works very well.
    I'd like to use USG series continuously as long as possible.
    Thus EOL schedule is important information for me.
  • jonatan
    I asked tech support a subtle question, here's what they answered:

ZYXEL has two concepts - EOL and EOS. EOL - end of life (termination of supply of a product from the factory and calculation of the duration of the lifetime warranty). EOS - end of support (removed from support by developers - no firmware is released). https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/ru/articles/360001287853 - please read the article. This applies to devices that have a "Lifetime Warranty". The Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid until an End of Life (EOL) announcement is made on the local Zyxel website. After EOL, business products with a limited lifetime warranty will be supported by Zyxel SC for five years. EOL - this only affects the device's warranty. EOS - These devices are not applicable. All models not on the EOS list are supported and updated. It should be borne in mind that once EOL has been announced, it means in "x" years the EOS of the product is approaching. At the moment, there are no plans or deadlines for these models on EOS. Please also read the article at the link - https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/ru/articles/360006995171 - a list of devices with discontinued support.
  • Zyxel_Can
    Hi @jonatan,

Thank you for this information.

That list was posted in all languages and contains the products that are in the actual price file.

The EOL Warranty terms state the warranty in case this device would be announced as EOL in the future.

Best regards.

• jonatan

According to the information, ZLD v5.0 will be available for USG FLEX, ATP and VPN series devices. Will new firmware be released with the addition of functionality for these devices USG40, USG 110, USG 310, USG1100, or only by fixing errors within the current version 4.62?

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    Can link in russian be "converted" or added in english, please?
  • jonatan
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    For devices of the USG/Zywall series, another, last, official release of v4.63 is planned. The release of this version is scheduled for June of this year. This version will only include fixes related to the stable operation of devices and fixes for detected vulnerabilities (CVE). We will also continue to release weekly updates based on 4.62 until the release of 4.63. All fixes included in weekly updates based on 4.62 that will not be included in the official release of 4.63 will only be included in subsequent weekly updates based on 4.63 after the release of the last official version.So there will be no additional functionality. ZLD v5. 0, which is released on April 12, and v 5.1, which is planned for October, will not be received by USG/Zywall devices. We will have to think about upgrading to the USG Flex/ATP series.... :/

• SandB
    Thank you for reply.
    I will use USG FLEX or ATP in near future.

Security Highlight