XGS1250-12 LACP support ?

2»

All Replies

• Andmar
    Andmar Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Для Крис !! Many thanks to you for your help! Can you really help me solve my question! Everything works pretty well now! I wish you success and all the best !!!
  • Andmar
    Andmar Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    @Chris
    Many thanks to you for your help! Can you really help me solve my question! Everything works pretty well now! I wish you success and all the best !!!
  • zigge89
    zigge89 Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

XGS1250-12

Why am I not getting 2x1Gbps throughput speed between Synology NAS and a 5Gbps connected computer.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @zigge89,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

Link aggregation is to increase the available bandwidth between network devices.

The switch will hash the incoming traffic based on MAC address and/or ip address to do load sharing. If there has two users are sending files to NAS, they can both have full throughput/bandwidth per link since switch will forward the packets to different link due to different source MAC address.

However, one traffic flow goes one physical port and the maximum speed on one physical port is 1Gbps, so the maximum speed you see on the screen when sending the files will still be 1 Gbps.

And link aggregation also provide redundancy to prevent one link is down for some reason and you may keep using the NAS service.

Zyxel Melen

• Slater
    Slater Posts: 1
    Friend Collector First Comment

Is there a way to change the standardized groups made and individually select ports such as 1,2,3 and then port 9?

• monkeynia
    monkeynia Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

What's your purpose?

Link aggregation requires using the same data transmission rate. However, the data transmission rate of port 9 is different from ports 1-8. It might be hard to fulfill your wish.