Updated LTE/UMTS firmware for USG20 (3.xx device), USG20-VPN, USG40, USG60

Options
mMontana
mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
Is there any location for access to latest firmware set for USB Dongles and compatibility chart?
The one avaliable on FTP site is... not the freshest.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @mMontana
    For the USG Series, the USB Dongles and compatibility list on FTP site is our newest version, and we dont have plan to update the list so far.
    Can I know any specific usb dongle you want to be supported? 
  • mMontana
    Options
    i had a bad experience with a Huawei E3372h-320, which lead to hung up an updated USG40 (I'm sorry i don't remember if it was November or February the issue, therefore i don't remember which was the firmware version. But it was updated to latest firmware at the days).
    Later I found that this device seem an USB Dongle but on Windows devices behave like a mobile router (with false ethernet device and firmware for management).

This dongle has been used on a Windows PC, but I need a "compatible device" without doubts.
    Currently the compatible device list is 16 devices, and i'm quite sorry, they are not enough. In countries like Italy, 3G frequencies are going to be dismissed for DVB-T2 access, therefore all the 3G compatibility will be soon used GPRS/EDGE-only.

Moreover... E3372h-607 is still considered compatibile with "Function works properly but the device name may not display correctly". E3372h-320 was not working at all, and the device was not showed at all.

On USG40/USG60 is quite easy to overcome the issue: buying a thirdy party ethernet/4g router (had a nice experience with NetGear, in italy is not easy to find Zyxel 4g etheret routers on consumer market) and use the OPT/WAN2 interface is the game changer.
    But on USG20 and USG20-VPN I don't have a dual WAN setup...
    All 4 devices had usable USB ports, but due to low options for 4G dongle i'm missing the goal for a redundant/failover connection, which was a nice selling point for your cheaper devices.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Options
    @mMontana
    The compatible list includes the current USB dongle model which can be supported, therefore, I would like to have our Italy local representative to approach you about this case and understand the requirement further.
  • mMontana
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Zyxel_Charlie are you talking about E3372h-320?
    So there's no updated list for 4g Dongles?
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Options
    @mMontana
    We dont have plan to update the compatible list so far.
    However, it doesn’t mean that we won’t have new USB dongles be implemented on the device. We will still evaluate on this base on the market requirement. We had contacted with our Italy local representative who will approach you about this case and understand the requirement further.

Security Highlight