What's happened to my switch settings ?!

Options
Sean_L
Sean_L Posts: 1
edited May 2021 in Nebula
So when you link a switch up to Nebula, you lose access to all the local functionality, is that right?  When logging into switch my menu now only has 6 entries, no port status, no MAC table ect.  Is there any way around this?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi @Sean_L,

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    The device is fully controlled by Nebula after device connect to Nebula. That's why you only see 6 entries in local.
    If you want check port status and MAC table in local, you can login via telnet/SSH and use command "show interfaces status" to check port status and "show mac address-table all" to check MAC table.

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Sean_L,

Good day.
    I would like to mention you also can check port status and MAC table on Nebula.
    Below is the step to check these information.
    Port status: Please go to Menu>
    Switch>Configure>Switch ports and you will see the port status of each port.

You also can click the bottom which I use red square to highlight to select more category to see more information.

For more detail, you may click the details to check the bandwidth usage, tx/rx and etc.

MAC table: Please go to Menu>Switch>Monitor>Switches to your switch and scroll down the page to Live tools. Click switch tables and you can find the MAC table. Click Run and wait a few seconds and Nebula will show the MAC table of this switch. 

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks