Error code list for USG?

Options
mMontana
mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
Trying to update the firmware (using update feature from cloud) on an old USG40 (currently running 4.62) i get

Connection error, code: 882

Where i can find the meaning of this code?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,059  Zyxel Employee
    edited June 2021
    Options

The error code mean the device could not sync to myzyxel.com,

Please check if the device could resolve  myzyxel.com

• mMontana
    Options
    I were in a hurry to solve the vulnerabilities. Therefore, i uploaded manually the firmware.

Still... your gentle reply is not an answer to my question:
    mMontana said:

Please.
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,059  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @mMontana

This error code could happen when the NTP server could not sync to the server.
    Please try to change different NTP server and check it.

If the symptom still exist, please provide us the error log in the monitor on the device.
    You can go to "Monitor" > " Log" > select the category "myzyxel.com"to check it.

• dabogdan
    Options
    had a similar issue.  I had to add dns forwarders to the firewall.  Now it works.  It used to for over a year or more without anything.  strange  
  • mMontana
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thanks dabogdan for upping this thread. I solved the issue anyway but still the question remain unanswered.
    mMontana said:

@Zyxel_Jerry, pretty please, with sugar on top.
    The list for the errors and the meaning, where can be found?
    Manual? KB article? CLI reference guide?

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,065  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, we don't have the document to explain the meaning of error codes. Basically, the error code is used for our troubleshooting and debugging purposes. So, once the customer encounters a similar situation, we prefer the customer could share reproduced method, a screenshot of the error code, a screenshot of the Monitor Log, the diagnostics log, and even the remote environment with us to analyze the possible root cause. It's convenient for us to address the problem. Thanks.
  • mMontana
    Options

It's convenient for us to address the problem. Thanks.
    Hi Zyxel_Jeff, I can understand that is convenient for zyxel support department.
    However, have this level of documentation is convenient for the customer too, so can solve autonomously the issues!
    Have the correspondence of error codes to the meaning can speedup a lot the troubleshooting. I am aware and kind of detailed explanations into USG logs, but if I find only "codes", a babelfish for translate error code to meaning... Is convenient for me too ;).

Consider to share a "safe" (by Zyxel perspective) table code/meaning into Nebula and USG documentation...
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options
    Hi @mMontana

Many thanks for your advice :) . We plan to add the description of error codes to our user guide document in the future.

• HighFinesse
    HighFinesse Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited January 10
    Options

I have the same issue with a VPN100 running Firmware V5.37(ABFV.1).
    Until last summer we could download and update the firmware easily online. As far as we know, we didn't change anything except upgrading from V5.37(ABFV.0) to V5.37(ABFV.1).

Remote environment: The VPN100 is behind a USG110.
    The USG110 serves as our central connection to WAN, Firewall, DHCP-Server, DNS with 192.168.*3.1 .
    The VPN100 is in a second building a bit apart, connected by antennas. It gets the LAN from USG and has therefore 192.168.*3.25. For the other building, the VPN100 serves as DHCP-Server with 192.168.*4.1 and as a DNS, too. It works, i.e. all clients in second building can reach file server and internet in the first building.

How to securely produce the error:
    Maintenance → File Manager → Firmware-Management → Mark Standby version → click on cloud-icon → Update now: yes → reboot: no
    "Error: Connection Error, code: 882.“ - view screenshot

System Log:

Diagnostic information: diaginfo-2024-01-10_20-19-33.tar.zip (encrypted)
    @Zyxel_Jeff, please send me a private message to receive the password for decrypting the diaginfo.

I hope that helps analyzing. 🙂
    Greetings from cold Germany
    Dietmar

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Options

Hi @HighFinesse

I will send a private message to you later, please check the inbox. Thank you😃.

Security Highlight