VLAN between GS1900-24HP and GS1910-24

Masterx81
Masterx81 Posts: 7
Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi!
I have a GS1910-24 where i've set the default vlan 1 untagged, and a tagged VLAN id 30, i've put some access points with guest vlan on 30 (tagged), and a router with dhcp also on that vlan. On this switch all works as it should, both vlans (1 default untagged and 30 tagged) works correctly.
The config is (for all the ports):
Configuration->VLANs
Port: *
Port VLAN: 1
Ingress Filtering: not enabled
Ingress Acceptance: Tagged and Untagged
Egress Tagging: Untag Port VLAN
Allowed VLANs: 1,30
Forbidden VLANs: nothing<br>

This switch is connected via SPF port 22 with a fiber link to a remote GS1900-24HP (on SPF, port 25). Also this switch need to see both the vlans, with the same config. But it not works. Seem like the vlan are not passing via the fiber link.
The config of the remote GS1900-24HP is (for all the ports):
VLAN->VLAN->VLAN
VLAN ID: 1
VLAN Name: default
VLAN Type: Default
VLAN ID: 30
VLAN Name: GUEST0030
VLAN Type: Static

VLAN->VLAN->Port
All ports:
PVID: 1
Accept Frame Type: ALL
Ingress Check: Disable
VLAN Trunk: Enable

VLAN->VLAN->VLAN Port
For VLAN ID 1:
All ports UNTAGGED

For VLAN ID 30:
All ports TAGGED<br>

I've also done some test with different settings, also resetted both switches to factory defaults and reconfigured, without success.
Someone can explain me what i'm doing wrong? 

Thanks!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2021
    @Masterx81
    My topology looks like this NSG---(port 3)GS1900-24HP(port 25)----(port 22)GS1910-24
    I can get the VLAN30 subnet on GS1910, my port setting as the following screenshot.

GS1900-24hp   P.S: port 3 is the uplink port connect NSG

GS1910-24

Can you share your port setting and scenario as well.

Chris
  • Masterx81
    Friend Collector
    Hi!
    The config was the same as yours, but i wasn't forcefully tagging the link between the 2 switches. The link port was configured the same as all the other ports, untagged vlan1 default, tagged vlan30.
    Now i try to tag both the vlans and i'll let you know, thanks!
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    AFAIK, two vLANs should be at least one tagged (for avoiding collisions) better both on the same port.
    IMVHO...
  • Masterx81
    Friend Collector
    Ok, it not work... Same as before the 2 switched seem to not exchange data of the VLAN id 30.
    The actual config of the GS1910-24 (on local site, all works as it should):

And this is the actual config of the GS1900-24HP on the remote site:

Thanks for the help!
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Hello @Masterx81,
    I connect my laptop on GS1910 port 15 and if your case is like mine then note that you need to configure the VLAN30 on port VLAN (PVID) as the following screenshot.

Chris
  • Masterx81
    Friend Collector
    Hello @Masterx81,
    I connect my laptop on GS1910 port 15 and if your case is like mine then note that you need to configure the VLAN30 on port VLAN (PVID) as the following screenshot.

In my scenario i need to have default port 1 untagged, and VLAN 30 taggen, as my access points broadcast the local lan on default untagged vlan 1, while the ssid for the guests is on VLAN 30 (tagged). As i stated, the 2 vlans on the 1910 works as intended, the only problem is that the gs1900 on remote site not communicate with vlan 30 with the gs1910.
  • Zyxel_Chris
    @Masterx81
    Is your clients on GS1900 are vlan-aware or not since all PVID is 1 didn't see any PVID30, can they get VLAN30 subnet?
    Also can you share your topology and provide the tech support file in GS1900, in Maintenance.

Please also download the backup running configure on GS1910 as well

Chris
  • Masterx81
    Friend Collector
    Yes, the clients on the remote site (the ap connected to the GS1900) are unify access points (vlan aware, with vlan30 dedicated to a guest ssid), same model as the local site (where all works), all the devices have the same config on both sites (same controller software, same config). There are also other devices connected (vlan unaware), but they work on default vlan 1 (and they work).
    I attach requested files.
    Thanks!
  • Masterx81
    Friend Collector
    Any news about this? Thanks!
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Hello @Masterx81
    Based on the configuration in GS1900, line 1715 has the MAC address table and it points out Vlan30 only shows up on port 3, which is kind weird, in order to verify this case can you done the test that use Vlan30 client on each switch and ping to each other (client to client) then screenshot the MAC table for me. (1910/1900 in Monitor>Mac table), let me know which ports you have connect those clients.

Also, please provide your topology about which port has connect the DHCP server (vlan1,vlan30) and which port has connect the AP
    Chris