XGS1250-12 very very very slow

steve_crozier
steve_crozier Posts: 3
edited August 2022 in Switch
I have the above switch, connected to my network, the link to rest f the network is 1Gig

i have main desktop win 10 machine and a qnap 872 nas both connected on 10Gig ports and happily works for the past 2 -3 months

yesterday suddenly the windows machine and access to the nas became almost none existent

have done a factory reset on the switch, looked at the web interface for loops etc. tried different cables

any other suggestions?

All Replies

• D_Shadow
    D_Shadow Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi there,

Basically, I won't reset the switch at the beginning.
    I'll do some testing on the end devices first, like directly connecting the win10 to NAS (do ping test or transfer a file), and what about the other devices connected to 1Gig, does it also have the slow problem? 

Sorry, just curious, how did you determine that the problem is related to the switch?

D,
  • if i take out the switch and replace with 1gig netgear unmanaged switch everything runs at sensible speed. not 10g speed but correct if that makes sense

• Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @steve_crozier,

Thanks for the cross test, but netgear speed is 1G, and the previous topology for XGS1250 is running on 10G (between Windows and NAS). To trace out if the issue do related to XGS1250, I'll suggest isolating XGS1250 from the environment and test the 10G speed. It will be more clear to see if there is any problem on XGS1250.

In addition, you've mentioned that XGS1250 was working happily for the past 2 -3 months.
    May I know if there are any changes on Windows/NAS (e.g. version updated, configuration related to speed, etc. or physical layer (e.g. network cable)?

Jonas,
    Jonas,
  • actually if i plug in a pc with 1g card it grinds to a halt almost too. its not just the 10G ports

i am not aware of anything changing, but will test it connected by itself away from the rest of the network