how to create a vpn on ZYXEL usg20w

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Did you setup correctly your windows registry for assuming that USG20 and windows are both behind a NAT?
  • stefanocps
    stefanocps Posts: 23  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector
    mMontana said:
    Did you setup correctly your windows registry for assuming that USG20 and windows are both behind a NAT?
    not sure..i have found 2 googling, 2 keys to add to registry..but it did not change.Perhaps you can send me this setup to make sure i am ding it correctly

• mMontana
    edited July 2021
  • stefanocps
    Friend Collector
    edited July 2021
    yes it was what i did already..noway it will not connect. Why so difficult??
    Form  mobile phone it works, so i would exclude absolutely anything router configuration related...what do you think?
  • stefanocps
    Friend Collector
    it seems that by default vpn connection on windows use IKE 2 while the connection on router is IKE 1..can be this th eproblem?
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    To address this, can we try to build the L2TP VPN connection from our Windows PC to your USG20W?
    If okay, please kindly share the connection information with us in a private message, the connection information contains:(1).Server IP address(2).L2TP/IPsec pre-shared key (3).user name (4). password.
    Or you can use another windows PC to establish L2TP VPN to USG20W and see if this symptom mainly happens on the specific PC.
  • stefanocps
    Friend Collector
    i have tried form another pc already and i have the same problem. Do you still want to try to connect to vpn anyway?
  • mMontana
    edited July 2021
    Why so difficult??
    A lot of pieces need to be put together to allowing a nice connection.
    Did you changed cypher and hash algorithm from default?
    Did you verify into your VPN connection the correct setup of PAP/CHAP?

There's still this post as reference for doing a nice connection, unfortunately is missing the part related to NAT on both endpoints (which is quite a default in Italy)

• stefanocps
    Friend Collector
    mMontana said:
    Why so difficult??
    A lot of pieces need to be put together to allowing a nice connection.
    Did you changed cypher and hash algorithm from default?
    Did you verify into your VPN connection the correct setup of PAP/CHAP?

There's still this post as reference for doing a nice connection, unfortunately is missing the part related to NAT on both endpoints (which is quite a default in Italy)

i have done already all these configuration on my pc
  • stefanocps
    Friend Collector
    ookkkk sorry it works noW!  i have unselected the other 2 protocols as in picture( somewhere else i have found that i should select them all) and also verified inside the ADVANCED tab..where there was no preshared key inserted, even if i have inserted when create connection with the new wizard. SO now ita works!
    Thank you!

Security Highlight