How do I deny access on a Zyxel AMG 1302_T11C from 10pm -6am?

Options

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 842  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello @Mandy

Following this and your other post, I think that you could restrict access using Parental Controls.

Section 16 of the user guide available at ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/AMG1302-T11C/user_guide/AMG1302-T11C_V3.00.pdf explains how to do it.
        - of you want to restrict Internet access for 1 particular device used by 1 person, then you will need to know the MAC address of the device that you want to restrict.
                   - a MAC address is 48-bits long, and they are usually expressed as 12 hexadecimal digits.

"

What's a MAC Address and how do I find it?

January 16, 2021

Just like each house has it's own postal address, every device connected on a network has a Media Access Control (MAC) address, that uniquely identifies it.

The MAC address is tied to the Network Interface Controller (NIC), a subcomponent of the larger device. The NIC is where you make your physical connection to the network, by plugging in an Ethernet cable or connecting to a WiFi signal.

What does a MAC address look like?

The MAC address is a 12 digit hexadecimal number that is most often displayed with a colon or hypen separating every two digits (an octet), making it easier to read.

Example: A MAC address of 2c549188c9e3 is typically displayed as 2C:54:91:88:C9:E3 or 2c-54-91-88-c9-e3." from https://slts.osu.edu/articles/whats-a-mac-address-and-how-do-i-find-it/ could be helpful to you.

If it does not work on a per device basis, then you probably will have to prevent all Internet Access during a time period.

Kind regards,

Tony

Consumer Product Help Center